An End to All Preserve Hunts?

Dan Schmidt

An End to All Preserve Hunts?

Postby Dan Schmidt » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:43 am

North Dakota voters might be asked to pass a law that would bring an end to big-game hunting preserves in the state. What do you think of this measure?

CLICK HERE for the full story, then enter your comments below...
Daniel E. Schmidt, Editor, Deer & Deer Hunting

msbadger

RE: An End to All Preserve Hunts?

Postby msbadger » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:17 am

Well I'd have to pose this ?...the spread of CWD has found it's roots in most case in hunting preserves...has it not?....I know in NY it did...and have mentioned in the past...that our state is ill advised to issue such land use permits...JMO...If it takes the voters to do what the DNR...DEC finds difficult then...that is the slippery slope these gov. agency push the hunting community at large down.

lando

RE: An End to All Preserve Hunts?

Postby lando » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:51 am

Sound more like jealousy! Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't say why. Only thing it says is "fair-chase" how big is the Dakota's? Chase away my friend lot more land out their to hunt! Next thing you know they are going to tell us we can't post are land! Or even start taxing our tree stands!
CWD is easier to control on a farm, Know a few deer farmers and the DNR and veterinarian come and inspect papers of shot were they where bought and how they were transported etc. Now as for hunting lands I have know idea, how they take care of their animals if at all.

richdevlin761

Re: An End to All Preserve Hunts?

Postby richdevlin761 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:43 am

I'm missing something, it doesn't say why. Only thing it says is "fair-chase" how big is the Dakota's? Chase away my friend lot more land out their to hunt! Next thing you know they are going to tell us we can't post are land! Or even start taxing our tree stands!

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:59 pm

Hey Rich

I'm just curious, in all of your 5 posts all you do is repeat, word for word, what someone else has already written. What's with that?
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:14 pm

I believe it has to do with the link at the bottom of every one of his posts. Same link every time.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to North Dakota