More bad news for Chicago gun owners

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Marc Anthony

More bad news for Chicago gun owners

Postby Marc Anthony » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:18 pm

The Chicago poiticians were back at it today counterpunching the second amendment. You can read about it here: http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/ind ... strictions

I hope you're OK with these links to PSO Dan! I send them back here also! We're all just one big happy family [&:]
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

MSHunter

RE: More bad news for Chicago gun owners

Postby MSHunter » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:47 pm

It's a crying shame that a group of progressive politicians are running the show in Chicago (and elsewhere for that manner). Personally, if I lived in that area, I'd move.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:17 am

ORIGINAL: MSHunter

It's a crying shame that a group of progressive politicians are running the show in Chicago (and elsewhere for that manner). Personally, if I lived in that area, I'd move.

Well that'd be my reaction also, but the real truth is that no matter where we live we ALL need to fight and support the folks in these areas who are opposing it, because eventually it will affect us too.

Just think, if we can get imbecility like this squashed right in the belly of the beast (a place like Chicago), then there's a FAR less likely chance that it will ever get to where sane people live.

I get emails from the Illinois State Rifle Association all the time, and they are getting ready to go back to court as soon as the ink is dry on any new unconstitutional Chicago rules. This ain't over yet!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

ChasePhase

Postby ChasePhase » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Fight the good fight!
http://NYHuntClub.com
or Facebook us

SoIll Dawg

Postby SoIll Dawg » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:41 pm

It is because of Chicago we do not have concealed carry.  Downstate is not Chicago!!

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:00 am

ORIGINAL: SoIll Dawg

It is because of Chicago we do not have concealed carry.  Downstate is not Chicago!!

Sad how you can live at the bottom of the state and be like 5 hour drive from Chicago but since they are the same state you have them calling all the shots for you.

Blair

Postby Blair » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:11 am

It is so sad that they are trying to take away all the people's rights. The mayor is looking for anyway to tax & make money, they are also trying to enforce gun safety classes. However, I truly believe in safety it's just a ploy to obtain more money.  Chicago/ Morton Grove etc. already have laws against hand guns. By taking guns away from good citizens there only going to create more crime. London & Australia are already proof of this, their crime rate has skyrocketted over the years.
People need to understand & look at the potential outcomes, I believe in keeping our guns, living the American dream. Hunters are more concerened about our environment & safety then any other groups out there...

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:22 am

ORIGINAL: Bryan78

Sad how you can live at the bottom of the state and be like 5 hour drive from Chicago but since they are the same state you have them calling all the shots for you.

It shouldn't have to be that way. It's not that way in Pennsylvania, where Philadelphia it to the rest of the state as Chicago is to Illinois. We still have CCW, although the sheriff here says not to carry in Philly. I try to steer clear of Philly anyway.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

SoIll Dawg

Postby SoIll Dawg » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Talked to a local rep of the NRA the other day at our county fair.  He indicated that concealed carry WILL happen in Illinois next year.  I am hopeful, but not optimistic.

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Talked to a local rep of the NRA the other day at our county fair.  He indicated that concealed carry WILL happen in Illinois next year.  I am hopeful, but not optimistic.

If that happens, Hell has frozen over.

Next

Return to Breaking News