Lions

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
locoman1951

Lions

Postby locoman1951 » Sat May 10, 2008 3:14 pm

The picture of the moutain lion looks just like the one I had a 15 foot encounter with in the moutains of Wyoming I thought I was lunch .

Robert Rowland

RE: Lions

Postby Robert Rowland » Sat May 10, 2008 5:23 pm

You were lucky.
I have had two encounters with them, both times I was in a vehicle when they ran across in front of me.
About four years ago one was hit and killed on the highway near Kansas City. (about 50 miles South of me)
And about two years ago, A guy from my area was in California riding a bike and was killed by one of these cats.
For many years the Conservation Dept. said there were no mountain lions in Missouri, just a few that had lost their bearings, but the sightings are just too many and have gone on for too long for these cats to not be living here permanantly.

locoman1951

Postby locoman1951 » Sun May 11, 2008 2:27 am

I was on foot and two deer were in front of me they would not move and I thought there was something wrong , thats when I caught movement to my right side I turned my head and there he was a 150 pound lion I put my hand on my 40 cal glock and locked eyes with the cat after a few moments he turned and went up a rock wall got to the top and turned and look at me long and hard as if I had ruined his supper . About that time is when I smelled something in my pants .

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon May 12, 2008 4:39 pm

never had anything like that happen, but i must say it wouldnt seem to fun

lonlon

Postby lonlon » Mon May 19, 2008 1:49 pm

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My! Ranch I hunted in WY several years ago was full of Lions and the only way the outfitter could get us on to hunt mule deer was if the outfitter promised to kill at least one lion for each deer he took off. One lion will take 50-75 deer a year if it is a good hunter.  The mule deer I took had to be quartered and back packed out, we left the legs, inners, ribs and back half of the hide, next AM we traversed same spot and there was nothing left to be see, even the blood clots were gone! This fall I plan to hunt my Wis bear from a Double Bull blind, recent back surgery doesn't want me to climb a tree, at least that what is my wife says! Happy Hunting!

locoman1951

Postby locoman1951 » Fri May 23, 2008 9:13 am

I work in some remote areas of East Tennessee and several of my co-workers and myself have been seeing a black cat about 3 and 1/2 feet long and about 20 to 22 inches tall weighing around 60 to 70 pounds . Has any one out there ever seen a cat that fits this description in your ares ?

lonlon

Postby lonlon » Wed May 28, 2008 4:23 pm

Always reports of the "Black cat" being seen in Central Wis! Seems funny when all the hunters that should know what they see never see it? Bears seem to be moving into our area, maybe that is what they see? Did you check out the Moose running in front of the trains on You Tube??? Interesting footage! Lon

Return to General Discussions