NAP Bloodrunner 2 blade

hunt4fun

NAP Bloodrunner 2 blade

Postby hunt4fun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:17 am

Has anyone tried out the new NAP Bloodrunner 2 blade yet? I've been on the fence about mechanicals for a couple years now, and this seems like it might be what I have been looking for considering it still will at least cut 1 and 1/8 if it doesn't deploy.

hunt4fun

RE: NAP Bloodrunner 2 blade

Postby hunt4fun » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:12 pm

Well, I bought the bloodrunner 2 blade, but I'm still a little skeptical. It takes a little bit of force in order for the blades to open, and they retract when there is not enough force on the point of the broadhead. My main concern with this is whether the inside of a deer will push hard enough against the broadhead to keep the blades deployed through the length of the deer. I plan on doing some testing by shooting through tomatoes or other soft objects similar to the insides of a deer.

hunt4fun

Postby hunt4fun » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:01 am

Just got done testing the bloodrunner through a nice tomato, and I was not let down. The entrance and exit were both around 2 inches as advertised, and the blades stayed deployed for the most part through the inside of the tomato. On the inside the measurement was about 1 and 3/4. I know the inside of a tomato is not the inside of a deer, but I feel a lot more confident shooting these broadheads at a deer this fall.

This first pic is the entrance hole

This second pic is the exit hole

The last pic is the size of the hole it made through the tomato

So what are everyones thoughts? Seem like it will work?
Also, you can go here to see some hogs being killed with these heads.
http://www.newarchery.com/products/1-48 ... blade.html

hunt4fun

Postby hunt4fun » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:04 am

Here are the next 3 pics.

The first one is another shot of the hole

This is a pic of the cross section I made to see what the inside looked like

This is another cross section

Rutnut

Postby Rutnut » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:49 pm

I used this broadhead for the first time this year. In fact, it's the first time I used anything other than a NAP thunderhead 100.

I have purchased and considered other expendables and fixed, but just didn't feel confident in them after practicing on targets. I’ve always had the motto, if it aint broke, why fix it. Rite from the get go I really liked the make up of this broadhead. It shoots like a field point, which I like; the only question was durability and true test performance. I am no longer in doubt of either.

I took a 30 yard shot on a buck, broadside. Most of the deer’s vitals were not exposed due to tree limbs, so I squeezed it thru a small window. Bamm! At first I couldn't find blood, it turned out I didn't get a pass thru, but I don't think a fixed would have either. I hit the opposite shoulder. I didn't find blood for a dozen yards, but when I did it was flowing. A pass thru would have been a river I’m sure. When I found the deer, I was glad to see a serious entrance wound. Because of the flight characteristics, I will probably stick with this broadhead. I was happy with the results.

Return to Broadheads