Got one!

tonyotony

RE: Got One!

Postby tonyotony » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:49 pm

I just tried to upload a picture, and got a message: "file is too large". I think there is a way to shrink the size of a picture file, if anyone knows how to do it....... Anyway, I'm told it was one of the smallest 8-pointer you'll ever see, but I wasn't about to let it walk, since it was my first one ever.

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:22 pm

good deal. did you have trouble shooting in that ghillie suit? Sometimes when I dress in my cold weather gear, I notice that my string (below my peep) tends to want to grab on my jacket around my neck. Even if I have it zipped up over my mouth.

westmibow

Postby westmibow » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:58 am

Go to photobucket.com. Set up an account and you can resize your photos.

Great story. Its all about what deer are used to.

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:53 am

You can also use http://www.imageshack.us/ and you don't have to setup an account.

tonyotony

Postby tonyotony » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Scott: String is a problem with ghillie suits, but preseason, I put it on, more than once, came to full draw with no arrow nocked, and had my wife trim anything that was touching the bowstring or cams, etc. I'll have to do it again this year, as I bought a new one. Since things tend to stretch out, it often has to be done more than once. I have the trimming done both sitting and standing, since I don't know what position I'll be in at the moment of truth. Even so, I still see some ghillie burlap on my bowstring when I get home!

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:37 pm

These ghillie suits whats the cost of them? and where can I find one? I might have to ask my wifeeeee for a early allowance. lol

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:48 am

There are many different kinds, and they run the price range also. Some people buy kits and make them. I use the Shaggie Longcoat made by Rancho Safari. Not the cheapest one out there, but IMO it's the most well made one, and has lots of features like adjustable arm tighteners, carrying straps, slash pocket openings so that you can get to your pockets under the ghillie, and inside girth adjustments.

http://ranchosafari.com/index.php?main_ ... x&cPath=10
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:13 am

Thanks WW Its a start!
ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

There are many different kinds, and they run the price range also. Some people buy kits and make them. I use the Shaggie Longcoat made by Rancho Safari. Not the cheapest one out there, but IMO it's the most well made one, and has lots of features like adjustable arm tighteners, carrying straps, slash pocket openings so that you can get to your pockets under the ghillie, and inside girth adjustments.

http://ranchosafari.com/index.php?main_ ... x&cPath=10

rjohannsen

RE: Got one!

Postby rjohannsen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:43 am

That was a hunt we'll never forget!  May be the only time that ever happens....crossing our fingers though.  We've seen sign from some that appear just as big, so we'll see how the rut brings them out again.  We'll definitely post pictures again if the same thing happens this year!  Have a great year, all....and happy hunting!

Previous

Return to Minnesota