Predator Traileye XP Reviews

Goose

Predator Traileye XP Reviews

Postby Goose » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:36 pm

Have any experience with Predator's Traileye XP? Please let us know how you rate it along with your likes and dislikes.
Camera details - http://www.predatortrailcams.com/index. ... traileyexp
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Goose

RE: Predator Traileye XP Reviews

Postby Goose » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:22 pm

I just got this camera so I will post a review after its out in the woods for a while. So far it appears to be a nice camera that gives off no red glow. The camera itself has a 1 year warranty and the case has a lifetime warranty.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

zekezoe

Postby zekezoe » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:09 am

where did you get this camera,
no review yet??

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:20 am

Gander Mountain has them. I want to use it for a while (1 set of batteries) before I give it any kind of review.
Jake

easports

Postby easports » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:27 am

Goose:

What was the cost of the camera?

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:49 am

$250.00
Jake

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:50 am

Alright, I have used up one set of batteries in this camera. I got close to 2000 pictures off of 10 energizer AA batteries. I had them laying around the house so I figured I would use them up. Eventually I will put lithium batteries in it but I am going to use up the regular ones I have at home.
Overall, I am very happy with the camera so far. It takes great daytime pictures and the night pictures are as expected with a infrared camera.

Pro's:
-Battery life seems good
-Simple to set up
-Password can be turned on or off
-sd card is easy to get at
- date, time, and moon phase stamp
-Has 3 picture burst mode
-Has 30 second delay if on single picture mode
-The deer seem to pay no attention to it at night
-after the camera "wakes up" there is no noise
-trigger time is good
-very little if any false pictures
-it mounts nicely
-it is built solid in WI
-have not tried video yet but on their website the videos look good
-camera has worked flawlessly so far

Cons:
-When going from sleep mode to "waking up" there is a slight click but after that it is quiet
-If deer is moving, some pics get blurred at night. However, using the 3 burst mode, I have always gotten at least one clear image of the deer.It seems as though all infrared cameras have this issue

Again, so far, I am very happy with this camera. Here are some pics from it.

Jake

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:32 am

Its been about 2 months now and I just had to send it back to the manufacturer because the camera is not functioning.
I replaced the batteries and when I plugged the battery pack back in, I saw some smoke up in the housing. I disconnected it and tried it again--it seemed to be alright but the battery indicator only registered 50% with brand new batteries. I put it out and checked it in a week and it would not turn on. I put some new batteries in it and still it would not turn on.
I called Predator and told them what happened and they told me to send it in and they would send me a new one. I asked them if they are going to pay for shipping and they said that the way they do it is I pay for it there and they pay for it back.
Nothing like spending $250 on a camera and then having to pay $6 to send it back because it doesn't work in 2 months!

Ill keep you updated on what happens from here. Hopefully I get a camera back, I was told to just send it to their address and they'll send me a new one...we'll see.
Jake

Konk

Postby Konk » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:42 am

I purchased this camera at the Wisconsin Deer & Turkey Expo on April 11th with a promised delivery of mid May. I did not recieve the camera until July 13th. At first it took great pictures both day and night. Now some of the pictures are blurry both day and night. The bad pictures look like there is water on the lense on a bright sunny day. After waiting 3 months to get this camera I now have to send it back.. [:@]

Goose how long did it take to get a replacement camera?
Member;
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association
Sticks N' Limbs Camo Prostaff
Carson-Optics Prostaff
www.bowhuntingstore.com

Goose

Postby Goose » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:25 am

I got it back in 13 days. I have it out right now but haven't checked it yet so I don't know if it works properly yet or not. I wish I would have marked it before I sent it back because they said that they would send me a new camera but the one I got was in my original package and has some scuff marks on it like it was used...who knows, it may be new. I'll let you know how it runs when I check it.
Supposedly the people that made their seals screwed up and a lot of cameras (50% or more) are getting moisture in them.
Jake

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras