Two months

SoIll Dawg

Two months

Postby SoIll Dawg » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:32 am

Bow opening in 2 months!  That must explain all the magazines and catalogs that have shown up in my mailbox.

This will be my first year bowhunting.  Getting a little excited.  I hope to be eating deer meat soon!!

bobow

RE: Two months

Postby bobow » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:24 am

Good luck this year.  I hope you are practicing.

This will be my third year.  I got one nice doe the first year & got skunked last year.  I also hope to have something in the freezer early!

Luckily one of my local vendors shared some of the three he got in Kentucky so I didn't have withdrawal symptoms.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

IsitInTREES

Postby IsitInTREES » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:24 am

I am ready for grey skies and chasing deer.

Don't focus on the destination, Enjoy the Journey

chasin tale

Postby chasin tale » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:47 pm

HUNT SO IL ALSO , CLAY CO. GUYS DOWN THERE SEEING LOTS OF DEER AND LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT BE A GUN HUNT DURING RUT THIS YEAR ,ONLY BEEN HUNTING 8YRS MYSELF WITH BOW, LAST FEW DURING GUN ALSO. GOOD LUCK

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:05 pm

This up coming deer season will be my 12th year bow hunting/gun hunting. I am very excited for it, as there is only 52 more days till season. I still have to hang 2 more stands. One stand I may just save in case "something" comes up. All in all I wait 365 days a year for this day, and I wont miss it for the world. Good luck to all this year, as I hope it is a season full of dreams coming true!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

SoIll Dawg

Postby SoIll Dawg » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:46 am

ORIGINAL: chasin tale

HUNT SO IL ALSO , CLAY CO. GUYS DOWN THERE SEEING LOTS OF DEER AND LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT BE A GUN HUNT DURING RUT THIS YEAR ,ONLY BEEN HUNTING 8YRS MYSELF WITH BOW, LAST FEW DURING GUN ALSO. GOOD LUCK

Clay and Jasper for me.  Might try Effingham or Fayette with my archery tags.  We have lots of corn surrounding our hunting grounds.

Good to hear there are lots being seen.  The last 2 years have been lower for Clay County totals.

chasin tale

Postby chasin tale » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:48 pm

TOTALS LOW IN CLAY CAUSE ITS HAS NO PUBLIC LAND, BUT LOTS OF DEER . BEEN HUNTIN DOWN THERE 7 YRS. IM VERY LUCKY TO KNOW SOME FOLKS WHO LIVE THERE , GREAT PEOPLE DOWN THERE IN FLORA AND XENIA .

JFry1969

Postby JFry1969 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:34 am

This will be my 27th bow season this year. Didnt realize I was that old till I figured it up lol. Im still as excited about it as I was my first year but I wont start till November since we will be harvesting thru Oct. Clay county hugh? Im just one county below you on the south end. Its all Ive ever hunted in all these years. Good luck to you all this year.

SoIll Dawg

Postby SoIll Dawg » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:48 am

Think you will be harvesting through October this year?  Co-worker of mine says they will start first week of September.  They have about 3000 acres, and the corn is half brown.  Beans might be that late, I guess.  Corn sure looks to be early this year.

bowhuntr15

Postby bowhuntr15 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:34 pm

Pumped to go at it.  I've done a lot of scouting.  Madison County.  I am blessed to hunt opening in MO, hunt hard for a week, then enjoy opening and all season in IL.  All public land.  My freezer is ready.  My 10th year bowhunting. 
"Perseverance, Practice, Integrity"

Next

Return to Illinois