Pennsylvania Processor Pleads Guilty to Selling Deer Meat

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Corey Graff

Pennsylvania Processor Pleads Guilty to Selling Deer Meat

Postby Corey Graff » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:17 am

HARRISBURG -- The Pennsylvania Game Commission says a Butler County deer processor has plead guilty to illegally selling deer meat.

Sixty-year-old William Kielty III, of Evans City, has been fined $9,500 and may lose his hunting and trapping privileges for up to 57 years after pleading guilty to 19 game law violations.  Read More

Source: Associated Press

mhouck06

RE: Pennsylvania Processor Pleads Guilty to Selling Deer Meat

Postby mhouck06 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:37 am

thats just wrong.. you pay someone easily over $100 to butcher and process deer meat and they go and do that. i think he should owe more that $9500

Eight_Oak_Acres

Postby Eight_Oak_Acres » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:27 am

I think he will have learned his lesson by the time he gets his hunting priviledges back at age 117....

-Eric

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:14 am

He should have to pay a lot more than 9500 dollars, he should lose the right to be a butcher.

losing his licease is not a big deal obvioulsly he was killing deer illegally any way, that happens a lot in PA... He should be prosecuted as if he stole that money and should maybe do a little time, like 6-to 18 months in jail .

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:44 am

i agree dtrain! you are right, the illegal killing of deer does happen in PA and losing his license is def. not a big deal, especially being 60 years old, how much longer is he going to hunt anyways. jail time is a must and the 9500 dollars probably doesnt even tough what he made from charging to process a deer, stealing the meat and selling it.

scotman

Postby scotman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:59 am

I feel no remorse for William Kielty III. I cut up deer for 10 years and only had 2 cases where someone didn't think they recieved the right amount of meat. In certain cases, depending on how many times it was shot, how well it was gutted, disease, old wounds you could lose upto 1/4 of the meat. Especially if it is a small deer. William Kielty III though gives processors a bad name and it causes even more skepticism on a already misunderstood meat waste. The way I approached it was if more than a 1/4 of the meat was absolutely non edible, I would call the hunter and have him come down and make the decision with them.
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

Return to Breaking News