County Wants to Tax Deer Stand

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
hookset6969

RE: County Wants to Tax Deer Stand

Postby hookset6969 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Don't know if this is true everywhere but in WI I have a 30x40 pole barn and it is not considered a perminent structure because it has no foundation.. And MIGHTYFO just for your info just because someone bust their ass to have something doesn't mean that they are just some well off land owner [:@] I'm sure you have a place to live if you feel bad for those who don't invite them to stay with you I'm sick of paying for them [;)]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Hey hooky....there's 3-D at Rochelle this weekend. Go if you can, it's a great shoot!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:41 pm

ORIGINAL: hookset6969

Don't know if this is true everywhere but in WI I have a 30x40 pole barn and it is not considered a perminent structure because it has no foundation.. And MIGHTYFO just for your info just because someone bust their ass to have something doesn't mean that they are just some well off land owner [:@] I'm sure you have a place to live if you feel bad for those who don't invite them to stay with you I'm sick of paying for them [;)]

Hmmm ... Okay, forget about paying for them ... how about just paying for YOU.

When you left the house this morning, I bet you liked having a paved road to drive on. Bet you like the fact that the town plows that road when you get 18" of snow. Bet you like having cops to call if some jack wad stole your car & I bet you like having a fire dept if your pole barn caught on fire. Bet you like having running water & schools too.

Well just because you're one of the only people on this earth who has to bust their ass to have "stuff", doesn't mean you don't have to pay for all the other stuff too.

I'm not talking about that guy who busted his ass at a GM plant for 23 years, can't find a new job, lost his home & is living in a van now ... we're talking about YOU paying for the stuff that YOU USE.

The heck with that out of work auto worker & the millions like him, & the millions more that are just one pay check away from being on the street. I'm sure none of them ever busted their ass like you.]

Bottom line, as berudd said, if it takes 2 or more pieces of heavy equipment to move this thing ... it's a permanent structure. If you're fortunate enough to afford a very comfortable deer/cabin like this ... pay the lousy $40 & thank God you can afford both. [;)]

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:43 am

When will the 40 bucks be 400? And once again no I hate having cops and paved roads.... They can keep all the high dollar fire trucks and everything else they want to tax the hell out of us for and maybe for once They should consider what happens when things get slow and who's going to pay for all the extra special programs then. MIGHTY I'm not trying to start a fight with you here but I know your a big supporter of the NRA and the right to bear arms and how about if they wanted to tax some well off gun owner each year for each and every gun he or she owned, or made it mandatory that you carry some high dollar insurance on them.. Say it would cost 2500 a yr. Because they made some big mistakes and gambled our tax dollars away in the first place. Here's an idea how about just having something and once it's paid for you own it. Just a little reminder I bet these same people that you support in this tax also want your guns [8|] WOODS I'll have to see whats going on this weekend. And yes that is a good shoot I've been there.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:09 pm

ORIGINAL: hookset6969

When will the 40 bucks be 400? And once again no I hate having cops and paved roads.... They can keep all the high dollar fire trucks and everything else they want to tax the hell out of us for and maybe for once They should consider what happens when things get slow and who's going to pay for all the extra special programs then. MIGHTY I'm not trying to start a fight with you here but I know your a big supporter of the NRA and the right to bear arms and how about if they wanted to tax some well off gun owner each year for each and every gun he or she owned, or made it mandatory that you carry some high dollar insurance on them.. Say it would cost 2500 a yr. Because they made some big mistakes and gambled our tax dollars away in the first place. Here's an idea how about just having something and once it's paid for you own it. Just a little reminder I bet these same people that you support in this tax also want your guns

I'd love to reply point to point but this thread is about (1) whether this deer/cabin is a permanent structure & (2) whether the $40 assessment is reasonable.

I think (a) most would agree, that anything that requires heavy equipment to move; is permanent. (b) moreover, if the county assessor says it's permanent; it's permanent.

Is $40 bucks reasonable? I have to tell you that most people in NY, NJ & CT are laughing their keisters off ... cause in this neck of the woods, depending on the type & value of the land ... the additional tax would range from $800 to $2,500.

IT'S 40 BUCKS ... 77 cents A DAY ... GIVE ME A BREAK!

OOPs ... my mistake ... it's actually less than 11 cents a day.

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:06 pm

[font="Courier New"]It's interesting to see how strongly many of the posters feel about this subject. After reading these posts, I think I could argue for & against this being a permanent structure, equally well. I suppose if it were me, I would feel a little persecuted for such an assessment, but would be happy it was only $40 a year.

States, counties & townships are using Bing Arial Maps to look for extra income, so folks will no longer be able to hide these taxable structures - unless you build them underground. [;)]

Bottom line folks, politicians find it real easy to spend other people's money. If you don't stop them, they're going to keep reaching for your wallet.
[/font]
IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:03 am

I suppose if it were me, I would feel a little persecuted for such an assessment, but would be happy it was only $40 a year.

".......only $40.00 per year."

Yes...for NOW. The amount is not the point, but just the fact that they CAN do it. If they can, they will, and like anything else politicians get their greedy paws on, once they know their $$ there, then they will bleed it (us) dry. They do it time and again.

When government needs funds, they just go right for our pockets, because unlike the rest of us, they don't know how to "make do", or to "cut back", or God forbid, "DO WITHOUT"!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

bobow

Postby bobow » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:21 am

When government needs funds, they just go right for our pockets, because unlike the rest of us, they don't know how to "make do", or to "cut back", or God forbid, "DO WITHOUT"!

Amen!  That is the whole point here.  They just keep stealing more & more & don't quit.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Previous

Return to Breaking News