One Month to go!

DeerCamp

One Month to go!

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Well, Today is the 16th...With that being said, there is just one month to go till early doe season!! I cant wait!! I already have my spot, and Im ready to go. Anyone eles going to take part in this early doe hunt that runs the 16-20th of Sept?
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

extroverted

RE: One Month to go!

Postby extroverted » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:16 pm

I too love to hunt, but the last thing I want to do is tell that one big bick that I am there hunting his babes!!!
This can wait until oct. 1 st!!!
I think they should get rid of all early seasons!!! and leave the hunt for Oct 1st.

retiredsailor

Postby retiredsailor » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:44 pm

In West Virginia, where I hunt, we are again having a couple of early seasons - doe-only bow season runs 13-18 Sept, followed by a week of doe-only muzzle loading season. Plan to hunt both these weeks, a few days at least. Sons and hunting buddy still work full-time jobs so I will likely hunt a few days alone.
Expect that the temps will continue to be high and insects and snakes may have to be contended with, but hate to sit home knowing that there is a legal hunting season in progress.
Not my favorite time to be hunting, but the call of the deer woods will win out, I know.
Got my spot picked out and ready to go.

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 pm

yes were doing it just because the neighbors will be i'm with extroverted   get rid of this stupid season all it's doing is hurting the rest of the year i told dnr this when they asked in survey but did'nt do any good
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

tnt1960

Postby tnt1960 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:57 am

Yes, I`ll be going hunting in the early doe season! I can`t wait for it to get here! I just sighted in my muzzleloader the other day just for that season to get here! I`ll fill my freezer first, and then hold out for a nice buck the rest of the year! Here`s the doe I took last year during the early doe season.

You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Congrads on the nice doe last year TNT! I believe one of the main reason there is an early doe season, is the DNR here in Michigan would like to reduce deer numbers, more to their liking. By having an early extra season they are hoping to have hunters such as myself take full advantage of it.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

AlleganBowhunter

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:26 pm

I am so ready for some time in the woods with bow in hand.  With the corn in early this year, I am hoping it will be down early also...  would be nice to have it down before he opener.  Anyone have any insight into the projected harvest period?

I will be hunting a few days of the early season.  Haven't had much luck during the early season, aside from a clean miss 2 years ago.

I am curious the reason behind the opposition to the early season.  I have heard many say it will ruin the opener for the monster the are patterning...  can't ya find another location to take a doe out of the herd?  I think I am missing something.
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:06 pm

ORIGINAL: AlleganBowhunter

With the corn in early this year, I am hoping it will be down early also... 

Corn this year should come out early thankfully. How early.....we'll see.
Nice crop this year too, lots of ears as well.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

crease

RE: 3 weeks to go

Postby crease » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:03 pm

I will be scouting this coming Friday on some state land near Pinckney because my because the farmer who's farm I had the privelidge to hunt passed away and his family is selling it and asked me not to hunt.Looks like i'll be SOL.The state land isn't to bad for bowhunting but's get quite crowded for gun.I see all these vehicles as I drive by while on my way to the farm and now I'll be stopping there execpt during gun season.I have 600 acres I cab hunt in Grayling it's just a long drive for what little time I do have,besides these sounthern Mi deer tase a whole hell of alot better!!!!!!!
Hunt ethically and hunt safe

AlleganBowhunter

RE: 3 weeks to go

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Thanks sailfish!

The clock is ticking by.. 8 days until he early doe season... but...

560 hours....

23 days....

Until the real fun starts!
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

Return to Michigan