Ted Nugent Convicted: Baiting Illegally in CA

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
USN_Sam1385

Ted Nugent Convicted: Baiting Illegally in CA

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Heard about this on the radio in my truck this morning. Ouch Ted.... Not helping our sport here.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outpost ... ntest.html

Apparently he was filming for his show "Spirit of the Wild" in CA, and used "C'mere Deer."

scottflesher

RE: Ted Nugent Convicted: Baiting Illegally in CA

Postby scottflesher » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:37 pm

very true. Not a huge Ted fan.

aaronw1977

Postby aaronw1977 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:14 pm

If you cant use it then ban selling it.Its the pgc way of getting money thats it.But its ok to put a stand in the middle of a corn field and hunt or plant mossy oak or put clover in a field .The pgc wants all of use to kill the majority of all the deer and go pay a crazy amount of money to a club out west so you can go kill a deer. As for uncle ted hes got the cash to pay the fine do you really thing he cares what the gc thinks i dont think so baiting is a great thing i think it gives you a little bit more time to kill the more mature buck and see the smaller one come in if they even come to the stuff. ive tryed every thing as for "C'mere Deer i did not see deer come running in to eat the stuff it was still there days after hunting was over oh i did see a chipmunk enjoying some free food though.as for uncle ted keep killin and grillin my friend....

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm

orn field and hunt or plant mossy oak or put clover in a field .The pgc wants all of use to kill the majority of all the deer and go pay a crazy amount of money to a club out west so you can go kill a deer. As for uncle ted hes got the cash to pay the fine do you really thing he cares what the gc thinks i dont think so baiting is a great thing i think it gives you a little bit more time to kill the more mature buck and see the smaller one come in if they even come to the stuff. ive tryed every thing as for "C'mere Deer i did not see deer come running in to eat the stuff it was still there days after hunting was over oh i did see a chipmunk enjoying some free food though.as for uncle ted keep killin and grillin my friend....
ORIGINAL: aaronw1977

If you cant use it then ban selling it.Its the pgc way of getting money thats it.But its ok to put a stand in the middle of a corn field and hunt or plant mossy oak or put clover in a field .The pgc wants all of use to kill the majority of all the deer and go pay a crazy amount of money to a club out west so you can go kill a deer. As for uncle ted hes got the cash to pay the fine do you really thing he cares what the gc thinks i dont think so baiting is a great thing i think it gives you a little bit more time to kill the more mature buck and see the smaller one come in if they even come to the stuff. ive tryed every thing as for "C'mere Deer i did not see deer come running in to eat the stuff it was still there days after hunting was over oh i did see a chipmunk enjoying some free food though.as for uncle ted keep killin and grillin my friend....

This isn';t a matter of whether there is an agreement over baiting or not baiting. I fully support baiting if it is legal. This is about a man who knowingly broke the law, and violated the hunting ethic that so many of us truly hold dear to our hearts. THEN had the nerve to claim that he did it by accident. Come on dude...

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Do you really think that he knew he was breaking the law? Because I have a hard time believing that he filmed it and played it on his show if he KNEW what he was doing was wrong. With these big time hunting celebs, I doubt they are researching the laws everywhere they go. In fact, they probably dont even fill out the applications for tags. They probably just show up and hunt and the people who produce the show do all the nuts and bolts work. So, I could see him not knowing the laws there. Still, that is no excuse.
Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:02 am

finally someone use a tad more common sense when looking at this....

Well here's digging up a hornets nest....the hypocracy coming out of some of you guys just turns my stomach...I remember a year or two ago you had a NY officer on here...showing pics of his friends if I recall...deer standing over piles of corn...so I mention to him that corn in NY was a nono...any how next thing I know he's requesting all posts be removed and that he was embarrassed at work by  DEC because he was "turned" in..hey don't think like with Ted the DEC might be monitoring site... which I've been telling ppl for years now...so h he tries to implicate ..gee the person that warned him....OH and WHO did MANY of the same ppl whining about Ted try to verbal crucifie...well it wasn't the person baiting which I think... if I recall his friend got poaching charges leveled.... according to the guy ...which ppl is way different than just baiting... many ppl here went out of their way to feel sorry for this person...that was involved.....

Yet have made a point on.... how many different post to lambaste Ted...so if your famous and screw up you have hell to pay ..but if your a public official and try to pass the buck...for doing something  stupid.... hey your go to ...NICE![8|]

catphish66

Postby catphish66 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:24 am

Uncle Ted, wtf, you won't believe how many of my "liberal" aquantances are shoving this in my face. How in the world could your staff and you screw up like this? Dude, this was wrong, plain and simple. Don't try feeding us any bs on this either. Bummer man!

aaronw1977

Postby aaronw1977 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:46 pm

As for ucle ted ya he got caught buy a warden on tv.how bought all the other heros you have on tv that hunt over bait like lee and tiffany michael wadell and so on they all have committed the crime on there tv shows why are they not fined.i did a little reserch and most of the states that these hero hunters use there bags of acorn rage, deer cocain and so on do not allow baiting what so ever here are some that they have hunted over Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming ive seen many of hese shows put out some kind of bag of goodies and promoted it on there show.The warden that busted ted should be slapped in the face how come he did ot see the other tv shows where they kill big bucks over bait due your research and watch the heros on tv bait in states that due not allow it.are they getting busted i think not.The warden must not like teds show.

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Danesdad,
I hear where you are coming from but like you ended in your comment, it's no excuse. Bottom line: It's the hunter's responsibility to know the laws before he starts hunting. With Ted it's even more touchy because he is a public mouthpiece and advocate of hunting rights. It's just more ammo for the anti's.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:38 pm

ORIGINAL: aaronw1977

As for ucle ted ya he got caught buy a warden on tv.how bought all the other heros you have on tv that hunt over bait like lee and tiffany michael wadell and so on they all have committed the crime on there tv shows why are they not fined.i did a little reserch and most of the states that these hero hunters use there bags of acorn rage, deer cocain and so on do not allow baiting what so ever here are some that they have hunted over Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming ive seen many of hese shows put out some kind of bag of goodies and promoted it on there show.The warden that busted ted should be slapped in the face how come he did ot see the other tv shows where they kill big bucks over bait due your research and watch the heros on tv bait in states that due not allow it.are they getting busted i think not.The warden must not like teds show.

???? So let me see if I understand you correctly.......Ted shouldn't have been cited because it's what ALL THE OTHER TV HUNTERS DO?

That sounds like former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich's defense that "I shouldn't be held accountable because it's what everyone else does". Hoookaaay.......that makes sense. In that case, let's not HAVE ANY LAWS AT ALL!

Anyone has the free choice and right to do anything they wish. If you KNOW it's illegal and you choose to do it anyway, then don't complain and whine if you get caught. "If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime."

I don't know if Nugent was guilty or not. I wasn't there. All I know, is that if it were ME being accused of something I DIDN'T DO, I sure as hell fight it with all the resources at my disposal. He didn't do that, so now the s*** storm is going to fall on his head, rightly or wrongly. His reputation/his choice, I guess. Maybe he can afford to not care.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Next

Return to Breaking News