scopes on rifles

aaronw1977

scopes on rifles

Postby aaronw1977 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:52 pm

Should scopes on hunting rifles be banned? why are they legal? It seems to me the rules are your not supposed to have a atificial lure or bait in or around your hunting area but you can use magnifacation on or in a scope to bring them in closer for you to shoot them so why are scopes legal and baiting is not? Lets see some answers lol.

danesdad

RE: scopes on rifles

Postby danesdad » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Baiting unnaturally brings deer together and (presumably) closer to the hunter. A scope does not do that. A scope just makes the hunter a more efficient killer at longer distances. Plus a scope can make the difference between a quick, humane kill or a slow death or only wounding an animal. Scopes may also be used to determine if a buck is legal as far as point restrictions go. You cannot compare the use of a scope to the use of bait.
Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

mossycamo

Postby mossycamo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:59 am

First of all. why would you ask a question about why are scopes lega? scopes have nothing to do in luring in deer. scopes help hunters to make a clean ethical kill. some people just can't use open sights. if you are questioning scopes then you have to be questioning why guns are legal???? it ticks me off to see hunters out there questioning what tools we use to hunt with. if you don't like it! then keep your opinion to yourself and let hunters use what is legal to hunt with!!!

aaronw1977

Postby aaronw1977 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:58 am

I think for people like you too see the true sportsmanship of hunting they should ban them.They should ban all calibers above the 30/30 and no scopes period.No mossy oak clothes no scent lock or cover up do you still want to be a sportsman there pal thats the way it should be. You on the other hand probably have all the crap you can get and call youself the ultimate hunter lol alot of these kind of hunters like you make me sick your not a hunter your a legal pocher with your high powered rifle overkill scopes ya you know i bet you look at camo as a great thing huh bet if your local police started painting there cars camo and setting in the woods close to the roads and hammering the hell out of you everytime you go buy.Would you love that wonderful camo now lol that what i think a true sportsman uses the old ways a new sportsman like youself only wants too kill to say look what i killed ya your the man you pansey plus there only questions to see what hunters are thinking lol

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:14 pm

WOW...somebody woke up on the wrong side of the 20th century.....

First off I hope you are not using anything to kill deer other than a whole made spear.....secondly did you just crawl out of a cave....and thirdly guys like you are dangerous for our sport......

Next you will want to get rid of my compound bow....carbon arrows.....metal broadheads....

You are kidding..right ..you could not possibly be serious...if you are then the next stop in a mental institution....

If you want to diminish the range of the weapon the change the weapon....make PA a shot gun state .....but to get rid of an aid that helps produce more accurate shooting is just dumb....

we owe it to the game we hunt to do everything in our power to make a quick ethical painless death...taking the scope off the gun...would only produce less accurate shooting... more gut shot spoiled venision...and a long drawn out death.... and only help coyotes and bears..

personally i would rather eat the deer then use it for bait....

ajkrem22

Postby ajkrem22 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:59 am

aaronw1977

Please slowly put the drugs down and go find help. You need help and a lot of it. I think you are on the wrong site.

We use scopes to harvest animals as humanly as possible. So animals aren't wounded and die a slow death.

Please find help.
Andy

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:51 pm

I think he is just mad upset at the little lady and needed to blow off steam

ajkrem22

Postby ajkrem22 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:38 am

That might be the case dtrain but it is still scary!!!!!
Andy

Return to Pennsylvania