What do you do to fund your deer Hunting

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Wolfman

RE: What do you do to fund your deer Hunting

Postby Wolfman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:28 pm

ORIGINAL: Sailfish

I have a decent career that allows me to fund both Fasteddies and my hunting and fishing costs.

I chose other.

[font="Courier New"]Well, I guess it turns out you started funding me too as of 2009. Just wanted to say thanks.[/font] [:)]
IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

blueeyeddragon76

Postby blueeyeddragon76 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:01 am

I am a paycheck hunter.. unfortunately for right now I have no choice... i have four kids, three of wich are at home, and just found out I am gonna be a grandpa before I hit 35... so another mouth to feed...I cannot afford alot of the great hunting equipment some people have (that i would love), I buy what i can when i can and do without the rest... i use a 50 yr old shotgun i bought for 100 dollars( 20 bucks a week) don't even have a rifle unless i manage to borrow one,hell i don't even own any camo right now, and don't know when i am gonna be able to get any, due to the fact I just moved this past weekend, I have an old bow made in 84, I got it and a climber stand for 15 bucks at a yard sale a few months back, but yet no arrows or anything... so i am the sad poor hunter who does it out of pure love of for it.. I struggle to get what i need for my family and forget what i know i can't get for hunting. I am not complaining... just explaining..... thanks for reading and have a great season!!!
ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU HUNTING IS WRONG... TELL THEM TO READ THE BIBLE:

Now then get your weapons-
Your quiver and your bow-
And go out to the open country-
to hunt some wild game for me

Genesis 27:3

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:19 am

ORIGINAL: blueeyeddragon76

I am a paycheck hunter.. unfortunately for right now I have no choice... i have four kids, three of wich are at home, and just found out I am gonna be a grandpa before I hit 35... so another mouth to feed...I cannot afford alot of the great hunting equipment some people have (that i would love), I buy what i can when i can and do without the rest... i use a 50 yr old shotgun i bought for 100 dollars( 20 bucks a week) don't even have a rifle unless i manage to borrow one,hell i don't even own any camo right now, and don't know when i am gonna be able to get any, due to the fact I just moved this past weekend, I have an old bow made in 84, I got it and a climber stand for 15 bucks at a yard sale a few months back, but yet no arrows or anything... so i am the sad poor hunter who does it out of pure love of for it.. I struggle to get what i need for my family and forget what i know i can't get for hunting. I am not complaining... just explaining..... thanks for reading and have a great season!!!

I'm pretty sure when that slug rips into your next deer, it ain't gonna know or care that it came from a 50 year old gun.

BTW: You should visit our FORUM HANDLES ... I'm sure the rest of us would like to know the genesis of Blue Eyed Dragon.

Welcome to the Forum.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:43 am

For me it's a combination of all of the choices (except the independantly wealthy option). 

This year has been kind of weird.  I was blessed to receive a new Mathews bow as a gift.  Modest work bonus paid for my climber stand and new (used) digital video camera.  Giftcard from work paid for my HSS Harness (yes....I finally have one so y'all can stop busting my chops). [:)]

Most years if there is something sizeable that I want (binocs or dozen new arrows for example), I just put 20 bucks away each week and save up. 
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Previous

Return to Breaking News