Chlorophyll tablets

WNYDeerHunter

RE: Chlorophyll tablets

Postby WNYDeerHunter » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:56 am

I chew on an apple as well while in the stand - figured it was a natural smell for the deer. Also know some guys that swear on chewing alfalfa tablets. Don't sound as tasty as an apple, but worth a try as well. Chlorophyll comments sound like they are worth checking out as well! Wonder if they will work on my dog....

saintdeer

Postby saintdeer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:23 am

I never took any of the pills, but i do love the gum. And the notion of taking away human scent does sound like it will not work, but we are not trying to eliminate it. We are trying to make our scent older! That way the deer are more relaxed and not as on edge. They have tremendous noses and we will never, IMO, get rid of our scent. But I can definitely without a doubt tell you that with my scent-loc suit, scent free boots, mask, gum and spray...that I can have deer directly outside of my blind and have them not worry about me at all. They can be in fron, behind...does not matter, they don't know it. Period!

OLD TINK

Postby OLD TINK » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:05 am

Yes they work well. I purchased the Camo chlorophyll business called COVER from Dr Gene Wensel in about 1975 or so and put them on the market.

Gene Wensel is a famous whitetail expert His MOTTO was Bowhunters, Take Cover.

I Sold them as Tink's NON SCENT CAMO TABLETS. they were way way over the heads of bowhunters back in the 1970.
They don't sell well Only well-informed bowhunter buy and use them.

They reduce internal odors including breath bowels, etc I have sued them every season nonstop since 1975 and have had many animals feet from me that never winded me. Your wife will tell you you don't stink as much and your breath odor will go way down. The Major Ingredient is SODIUM COPPER CHLOROPHYLLIN I take one that has 60 MG per tablet capsule Got it @ GNC For $8.19 60 capsules 60 MG each Take about 4 to 6 a day 1/2 AM 1/2 PM Your stools will turn green and that tells you your chlorophylls working well.

Tink Nathan AKA OLD TINK
Tink Nathan, Founder of Tink's Hunting Products, Tink's Trade Mark Owner, " Tink's" Retired African Professional Hunter & Hunting Outfitter, Founder & Exec Director, OPERATION BOWS AND HEROES, Wounded Veteran Service Org, Co Founder Bowhunter Magazine

southerntiersg

Postby southerntiersg » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:13 am

Been using for a couple years, they work, even my wife with a super sniffer says that they work.   Wife a good scent elimination program this stuff kicks it up a notch!   Gum seems to work as well but sticks to the teeth/fillings like glue!  It only target breath and not total body as the pills.   I think Dead Down wind makes a breath spray, heard it works, haven't tried it.
Take about 2 weeks before the season and keep taking during following instructions on the bottle.  Definitely, as posted by other, don't bite them, they are disgusting!  Good luck out there!

baddoghunter

Postby baddoghunter » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:27 am

I agree with Saintdeer. Nothing can stop all human odor so we are really just trying to eliminate as much as we can with all the various products available. If you hunt in an area that deer actually put an odor or human odor and  danger together and they get a fresh whiff stomp snort there gone. Some deer will go on alert if they catch a small whiff or an old whiff where you walked that morning or the day before etc. but not immeadiately flee the area. Some deer in say the great North woods in Canada have never seen a human I walked right up to two of them and it appeared they didnt know what I was and these were does.They were not even scared when I stopped and walked closer after spotting them on my way to recover a deer I had just shot. I watched a show about an outfitter the other day in South East Colorado and his hunter and guide were walking in and they spotted a shooter. They had another small 8 point rubbing a tree and does feeding within 40 yards that were just ignoring them because the outfitter said it has so little pressue the deer didnt know what they were. I dont smoke anymore but when I did I could care less I just did my home work and set up to hunt the wind.I would never hunt the  up wind side of any deer trail I thought was hot. I shot four deer with my bow under 20 yards and had to put a cigarette out in a water bottle to do it. Hunt the wind !!!
My House Is Protected By The Good Lord And Guns.
And You Might Meet Them Both If You Show Up Here Not Welcome Son.

Wild Bill

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Right after my lavilin, chlorophyll is my next most important scent control chemical.

More of a good thing(chlorophyll) is not better in this case. Too much will give you the runs. It's a great stool softener, for those of you who are prone to constipation.

SoIll Dawg

Postby SoIll Dawg » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:41 pm

You guys are completely obsessed and crazy.  Only a nut would try this.  I plan on getting some this week.[:D]

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Chlorophyll is so like, yesterday.

There's a new kid on the block. Life Extension's Pro-M. 
http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Item01072/PRO-M.html

How often has it happened... you've brushed, flossed, rinsed and used mouthwash. And still you have bad breath! The reason lies inside the body where food is broken down, emitting in the process a variety of odors that regular oral hygiene, including mouthwash, can't touch. The sweet aroma of mouthwash is quickly overwhelmed by each exhaled breath containing such food decomposition byproducts as methyl mercaptan, ammonia, trimethylamine and hydrogen sulfide.
Pro-M™ functions as "a natural internal odor eater" by neutralizing the byproducts produced from food and exhaled as bad breath. Pro-M is safe and has been shown to help eliminate body odors of all kinds, including those induced by alcohol and tobacco.
Pro-M™'s applications are far reaching. Pro-M™ specifically:
[ul][*]Suppresses body odors and fecal odor
[*]Improves defecation (firmness, color, shape)
[*]Helps reduce blood ammonia density
[*]Supports immunity by detoxifying compounds in the body [/ul]

I don't work for the company, but I'm wondering if they should send me a check anyway.  I just posted the link to their site..but the product is available all over the web.  As is this similar product(and I'm sure there are others out there): http://www.q-o-l.com/cat_detoxification.html

But back to chloropyll..I remember back in the late 80's early '90's getting chlorophyll at our local drugstore. It was in the form of little chewable tablets. I thought they were pretty cool. Probably didn't do much. Every little bit helps though!

My best anti-scent technique was to put my clothes in garbage bags. Pour baking soda in them- I mean at least a box in each bag. Shake 'em up like crazy. The next morning I'd go outside..shake each item of clothing(underwear..socks..the works)- watch the dust clouds(was really cool in the moonlight). I've never had so many deer so close to me in my life. Hunted from the ground a lot and had 'em bedding a few feet from me. Wasn't even in a blind! Ok..that's probably happened to a lot of you. I just thought it was cool. My own version of a scent lock type product.

I'm guessing we'll see a Chloropyll/Champignon Mushroom combo soon...

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:54 pm

ORIGINAL: SoIll Dawg

You guys are completely obsessed and crazy.  Only a nut would try this.  I plan on getting some this week.[:D]

LOL!

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Welcome Tink! I think I vaguely remember those non scent camo pills from way back when, but at that time I hadn't quite gone completely over the edge yet!

I actually read about the use of them from a G.Fred Asbell column from somewhere. Like most everything else he writes about, he's pretty dead on.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

PreviousNext

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators