Bolts

moxie1884

Bolts

Postby moxie1884 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:48 am

Does anyone here make their own bolts and have any advice for someone who is interested in making their own?
Terry

al k

RE: Bolts

Postby al k » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:29 pm

First of all they are arrows, not bolts. The term bolt goes back to the medeval times before they placed vanes on them.

Not sure you will save any money by rolling your own. If you go that route be sure you use the correct weight inserts to make them front heavy.

I do re-fletch mine when they need it. Easy to do. In my case I use the flat nock style and have an adapter that holds them in place which I purchased from TenPoint. 

Hunter2

Postby Hunter2 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:42 am

Crossbow bolts should be called arrows,when they were called that they look quitew different. I use Carbon Express, they are great.

prohunter

Postby prohunter » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:49 am

Hey moxie1884, yes u can make your own i think you can buy blank shafts at bass pro or one of the big outfitters ,just make sure that there all same weight and size .you can cut them with dremel tool or high speed cutter.
then fletch with some quick fletch they slide on then u dip them in boiling water to make them stick to the shaft. If you do alot of shooting this is the only way to go.
I have always thought that i could do a little of what others could do alot of.
good luck and i hope this helps
JIM
take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:18 am

Semper Fi !

Return to Crossbows