More bad news for Chicago gun owners

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Everyday Hunter

RE: More bad news for Chicago gun owners

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:38 am

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter

ORIGINAL: Bryan78

ORIGINAL: SoIll Dawg

It is because of Chicago we do not have concealed carry.  Downstate is not Chicago!!

Sad how you can live at the bottom of the state and be like 5 hour drive from Chicago but since they are the same state you have them calling all the shots for you.

It shouldn't have to be that way. It's not that way in Pennsylvania, where Philadelphia it to the rest of the state as Chicago is to Illinois. We still have CCW, although the sheriff here says not to carry in Philly. I try to steer clear of Philly anyway.

Steve

I need to correct something I said above. I just learned that a license to carry in Pennsylvania does in fact allow you to carry in Philadelphia. According to the Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association, [color="#330066"]"Contrary to many rumors that have been floating around for years, a Pennsylvania License To Carry Firearms issued anywhere in the state is good anywhere in the state. Pennsylvania's Uniform Firearms Act provides a pre-emption statute which prevents anyone other than the state legislature from regulating the carry of firearms among other things. At one point in time Philadelphia had attempted to ignore this, but it has long been resolved."[/color]
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:02 pm

ORIGINAL: Bryan78

ORIGINAL: SoIll Dawg

Talked to a local rep of the NRA the other day at our county fair.  He indicated that concealed carry WILL happen in Illinois next year.  I am hopeful, but not optimistic.

If that happens, Hell has frozen over.

You bet! And check the skys for flying swine while you're at it!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:30 pm

ORIGINAL: Marc Anthony

The Chicago poiticians were back at it today counterpunching the second amendment. You can read about it here: http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/ind ... strictions

When the people of Chicago & Illinois (you know who I'm talking to) sit on their keisters in front of the TV whining about restrictive gun laws, but do nothing to fight them, you can only expect your situation to get worse, & you will have no one to blame but yourselves.

You have to get involved. Start by joining the NRA and the Illinois State Rifle Association. But you can't just join, you have to help in the fight. Politicians will go along with what their party leaders want, but not if the people in their district are pounding them with angry phone calls & letters. They want to get re-elected.

So when the NRA or the ISRA notifies you of the submission of a new anti-gun bill in your Legislative branch; get on the horn & let your Senators & Assemblymen know you want them to vote it down.

We have the same problem in NY, but I guess we fight it better. New York City is 1% of the land mass but has 50% of the representatives. Those maniacs in NYC hardly let a day go by without proposing some new anti-gun legislation.

Remember, they won't try to take your guns away by saying you can't own them anymore. No, they'll keep adding layer upon layer of restrictions & regulations until you just give up or can't afford a gun anymore.

You must have $1,000,000 insurance, you must have a 2 ton safe, your ammo must be stored in the next county, you must notify the police 7 days before you intend to use your weapon, your weapon must be wrapped in semi-soft cheese.

These anti gun nuts will not quit. If you are not willing to fight for your rights ... you deserve to lose them. [:@]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:46 am

If you're talking to me, let me say that I'm an NRA endowment life member, and a member of the ISRA also. I write, and I call, like I've been doing for the past 34 years that I've lived hereI actually KNOW who my local, state, and federal elected representatives are, I vote EVERY ELECTION, and will continue to do so. But I don't believe for a nano-second that I will ever live to see concealed carry here in the "Land Of Corruption". There's just too much of a Chicago influence, and it doesn't matter whether they're Republican or Democrat.

This state is in a dire need of a political enema of the most severe kind, but the odds of that happening are slim and none, and Slim just walked out the door!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:32 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

If you're talking to me, let me say that I'm an NRA endowment life member, and a member of the ISRA also. I write, and I call, like I've been doing for the past 34 years that I've lived hereI actually KNOW who my local, state, and federal elected representatives are, I vote EVERY ELECTION, and will continue to do so. But I don't believe for a nano-second that I will ever live to see concealed carry here in the "Land Of Corruption". There's just too much of a Chicago influence, and it doesn't matter whether they're Republican or Democrat.

This state is in a dire need of a political enema of the most severe kind, but the odds of that happening are slim and none, and Slim just walked out the door!

No Woody, I thought I made it clear I was referring to the couch potatoes that sit in front of the TV watching Beavis & Butt-Head & just whine about the situation without ever getting involved.

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:06 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

You bet! And check the skys for flying swine while you're at it!

If I see any, then you better believe I will be inviting you over to shoot a few out of the sky!!! [:D][;)]

Previous

Return to Breaking News