Scopes in Wisconsin

travise

Scopes in Wisconsin

Postby travise » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:14 pm

Has anyone heard anything about Wisconsin changing its scope law on muzzleloaders?? I read in the Aug. 2009 issue of North American Whitetail(my next favorite magainzine behind D&DH) that it is now legal to use scopes during the 10 day muzzleloader season. However, I have also heard from hunting buddy's that the DNR's hunting regulations say different. Please let me know if you have any idea about what is going on.

DoeEyed

RE: Scopes in Wisconsin

Postby DoeEyed » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 pm

2009 Deer Hunting Regs on DNR website

Muzzleloaders
• Muzzleloaders that are discharged from the shoulder must be at least .45 caliber if
smoothbore and .40 caliber or larger if rifled barrel, and must be loaded with a single
ball or slug to be legal for deer hunting. During the 10-day muzzleloader only
season (Nov. 30–Dec. 9),
muzzleloaders must have a solid threaded breech plug,
only be able to be loaded from the muzzle, and may not have telescopic sights (1
power or less are legal).
Telescopic sights are legal to use on muzzleloaders during
other firearm seasons. Note: Inline muzzleloaders are legal to use during the 10-day
muzzleloader hunt with black powder or any black powder substitutes.
• Muzzleloaders may be used statewide in all areas open to hunting deer with guns.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:02 am

No telescopic sights....Doesn't look like they changed anything then!
QDM!

Chainsaw

Postby Chainsaw » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:16 pm

The rule reads that 1 power or zero power scope  are legal to use. Reread the post with the rules in bold black print. If 1 or zero power scopes are not telescopic, they are nontheless a scope with crosshairs and do work for me better than anything else I've tried.

I use a Sightron 1 power scope on my NEF Sidekick, a very accurate rifle and a nice scope to boot. I hunt in Shawano County.

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:37 pm

I've read that this may be changing.
From those who much is given, much is expected

Pink

Postby Pink » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:27 pm

I have also heard that scopes (powered) will be allowed this year. That was 2009 rules, not 100% sure about the 2010 rules.

Return to Muzzleloaders