new stick slinger ?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
bckklr

new stick slinger ?

Postby bckklr » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:04 pm

im in the market for a new bow any suggestions & whats the best buy for the buck i want it short & fast its been probably 6 years since i,ve bought  one & the choices are endless please help @ the moment i have a pse baby g & its been a good one i just want something more up 2 date
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

DeerCamp

RE: new stick slinger ?

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:08 pm

i have a hoyt and an alpine.. the hoyts are very nice, and my alpine is the fastest bow ive shot. the pse are nice and rather cheap. they are also fast.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:01 am

There isn't many bad bows on the market today. Most shoot 300fps plus, and many have smaller grips and are shorter axle to axle. My co worker just got a new Bowtech and likes it. Also I would check out the new truth bow by Bear. I've seen Bass pro shop has last years model on clearance. Also Hoyt make very nice bows I shot the new Katera and its sweet. Go shoot a dozen different ones, narrow it down to a couple and shoot those until one fits just right.

Good luck

billcurry

Postby billcurry » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:51 am

Most of the new bows (3yrs old or less) are great bows.  Hoyt makes a couple of great bows (Vulcan, Vetrix, Katera, UltraMag). Mathews has some killer bows too.  Think the older PSE bows are killer too.  Try out a bunch of bows before you decide on one for sure.  Make it fun!
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. Romans 1:16

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:47 pm

Martin Firecat might be the way to go.  Martin has a lot of bows that give you bang for your buck.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:10 pm

I like my Jennings "Rack Master" compound bow a lot,it was affordable,it shoots fast and accurate,but You need to do like most have mentioned and try as many Bows as you can to see whats feels and shoots right for you.I've heard a lot of praise over the Mathews Bows and would like to try one out for myself some day when my Jennings Bow gets older and I want to try something different.

raym

Postby raym » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:51 am

I had a hoyt and used it for 2 years. Then i bought a new matthews Q2 its the best bow i've ever shot. But you should try as many as you can before you choose one.

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:11 pm

Tried a bunch this Spring.... liked em' all. But if you like em' short then try out the Mathews DXT and the Bowtech General... they're awesome. If you don't want to spend that much money, then try the Martin firecat or the Diamond "the rock"... they're sweet and priced right, or just have fun trying out everything you can get your hands on.

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:18 pm

thanks guys 4 all the help still not sure wich way 2 go but i recon i got a litlewhile 2 decide & DANG vambo thats a biggin'
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

bowhuntersrave

Postby bowhuntersrave » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:18 pm

Great deer Vambo991.

bckklr, I just bought an 07 Browning Illusion. I absolutely love the bow. If it helps I went to the local proshops shot the bows they sold. The first proshop had the Illusion at a discounted price to make room for the new 08 models. I did not buy it based on price, but on how it felt when I shot it. I think you should buy whatever you feel is right for you after all you are the one who has to shoot it.
www.bowhuntersrave.com
Preserving our bowhunting heritage

Mathews/Bowtech Raffle enter today

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting