The NRA is strongly considering Harry Reid!!

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Woods Walker

RE: The NRA is strongly considering Harry Reid!!

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:50 am

ORIGINAL: mightyfofaad

Well, I received a reply already, to my letter to Wayne LaPierre re: Angle vs. Reid. Not surprisingly, they referred me to their blanket letter to the membership regarding this very subject. Evidently, they've received several inquiries.

The letter is HERE. It is self explanatory. Surprisingly, it appears Reid has been a valuable pro 2nd amendment proponent at times. Not enough for me to support him. However, as the NRA states, their recommendations are ONLY based on 2nd amendment issues.

That not withstanding, I'll be sending another donation to Sharron Angle as soon as I finish penning this post. The NRA may be a single issue organization, but I'm not.

Good for you! What you are doing is the right way to utilize the information the NRA gives you regarding candidates and their 2A stance and track record. You mix it in with all the other data you have on the candidates and then make your own choice. That's the best way to do anything.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:13 pm

mightyfofaadThat's a two thumbs uo ! That's the way to do it and let the NRA know !
Semper Fi !

USNavyChiefRet

Postby USNavyChiefRet » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:23 am

I have been a member of the NRA for quite some time. I joined shortly after retiring from the Navy. During my naval career I was not a member. I have supported the NRA and NRA-ILA for some time and I understand their position that they simply and purely look at candidates from the standpoint of the candidates history RE: 2nd Amendment. That said, I do not support Reid, even though he may have voted favorably in regards to the 2nd Amendment in the past. I believe it is time for Reid, Pelosi and their liberal agenda to be swept out of office. Keep in mind there are Democrats who are fully supportive of the 2nd Amendment as there are some Republicans & Independents who are not. This November we need to vote these people out of office and in doing so maybe we will stop the liberal agenda of this (usurper) President.

Challenger

Postby Challenger » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:49 pm

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

The NRA is a SINGLE ISSUE organization. It gathers data and makes reports based on one issue.......2A rights. The system isn't perfect, but it does work for the most part.
Look at what they say, and then use your brain to mix that data in with everything else you know about the candidate and then make your own choice.

On another issue regarding Reid.........

Consider this, and this is NOT speculation but FACT. If Reid loses, but the Democrats retain their majority in the Senate, then guess who will have Reid's current job? It'll be the 2A Prince Of Darkness himself.....NY Senator CHUCK SCHUMER!!!! It's the head of the Senate's job to see what legislation even gets to be debated and voted on. Reid, in his tenure, has prevented several anti-gun measures from even being brought forth. We won't have that with Schumer.

Now, speaking for myself, Harry Reid is about as politically palatable as fresh dog poop, but if he's that, then Schumer is battery acid.

Holy mackerel. I've been contributing to Sharron Angle as well, inasmuch as I detest Reid. However, it never occurred to me what would happen if Reid lost & Schumer took over. Yikes! Reid is a dyed in the wool conservative compared to Schumer.

Talk about being between a rock & a hard place. I can't believe I'm even thinking this, but now I feel I have to support Reid just to keep Schumer out.

And just to set the record straight, I assume any member of this Forum is a gun owner. For those members who live on planet Mental & like to criticize the NRA - do you REALLY think you'd be allowed to even own a slingshot without the NRA?

The left wing zealots come up with anti gun, anti hunting bills everyday. Do you think the majority of the spineless moderates & even conservatives would stand up to them without the NRA & it's millions of members pushing back?

It's interesting to see those of you who enjoy the gift of gun ownership given to by those who constantly fight for your right to own firearms, but then criticize those who fight for your rights while you sit in front of the TV watching Beavis & Butt-Head.

Wake up. You could lose your gun rights in the blink of an eye & there has NEVER been a country in history who has ever given those rights back once they were taken. The Supreme Court has spoken & the lefties in Chicago are still not giving in. Wake up.
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Jonathan Swift, 1738

NRA Life Member

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:11 am

[font="Courier New"]Well said.[/font]
IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

USNavyChiefRet

Postby USNavyChiefRet » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:02 pm

The NRA released a statement today concerning the upcoming elections in November and more specifically the Nevada race involving Sen. Reid. It is quoted here:

"In the coming days and weeks, the NRA-PVF (NRA Political Victory Fund) will be announcing endorsements and candidate ratings in hundreds of federal races, as well as thousands of state legislative races. Unless the announcements are required by the timing of primary or special elections, the, the NRA-PVF generally does not issue endorsements while important legislative business is pending. The NRA-PVF also operates under a long-standing policy that gives preferences to incumbent candidates who have voted with the NRA on key issues.
The U.S. Senate recently considered a number of issues including the confirmation of Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court. Out of respect for the confirmation process, the NRA did not announce its position on Ms. Kagan's confirmation until the conclusion of her testimony before the Senate Judiciary committe. Her evasive testimony exacerbated grave concerns we had about her long-standing hostility towards the Second Amendment. As a result, the NRA strongly opposed her confirmation and made it clear at the time that we would be scoring this important vote.
The vote on Elena Kagan's confirmation to the Court, along with the previous year's confirmation vote on Sonia Sotomayor, are critical for the future of the Second Amendment. After careful consideration, the NRA-PVF announced today that it will not be endorsing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for re-election in the 2010 U.S. Senate race in Nevada."

I sent an email about a week ago concerning whether the NRA would or would not be endorsing Senator Reid in the upcoming 2010 U.S. Senate race to the NRA, of which I am a member and have been since my retirement from the U.S. Navy. I received this email today from the NRA-PVF. I don't mean to say they sent it simply to me, I am just one person. I'm sure they have had many such emails, letters, phone calls, etc in the past month or so from NRA members like myself who were concerned about this upcoming election and their stance regarding Senator Reid.

May I say this. If you are a member of this forum it probably means you hunt. If you do, and you own firearms to hunt or for other sporting purposes, may I suggest if you are not a member of the NRA you strongly consider joining? I don't always agree with everything the NRA does, however, if the anti-gun faction in the United States gains control of Congress, the U.S. Supreme Court, state legislatures, etc. you may see what has happened to Great Britain, Australia, and our neighbor to the north, Canada. come home to roost in the U.S. There are many organizations in the U.S., including N.Y. City Mayor Blumberg's MAIG (Mayor Against Illegal Guns) that wish to see America disarmed completely. I have written Mayor Blumberg and actually received a reply in which he stated he "supported the 2nd Amendment". Anyone who is familiar with MAIG knows that is a fabrication of the truth, and many mayors of cities throughout the U.S. have disassociated themselves from his radical anti-gun organization when they finally found out the truth.

Don't think it can't happen here. It can. Many in Germany prior to the late 1930's thought it couldnt' happen there either.
It doesn't cost much per year to become a member of the NRA. You don't have to agree with everything they stand for. I will only say this and then end. If the anti-gun faction in the U.S. gets its way and is able to disarm law abiding citizens where does it stop? Which Constitutional Amendment is next?

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:28 pm

At first, I was furious at the possibility of the NRA endorsing REID. However, after reading the posts by WOODS WALKER & CHALLENGER, I'm not sure how I feel.

I hate REID but if he loses his seat & SCHUMER becomes Senate Majority Leader; I feel we will have jumped from the frying pan & into the fire!
[:o]

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:13 am

ORIGINAL: mightyfofaad

At first, I was furious at the possibility of the NRA endorsing REID. However, after reading the posts by WOODS WALKER & CHALLENGER, I'm not sure how I feel.

I hate REID but if he loses his seat & SCHUMER becomes Senate Majority Leader; I feel we will have jumped from the frying pan & into the fire!
[:o]

[font="Courier New"]It's called being between a rock & a hard place.[/font]
IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

MikeinMO

Postby MikeinMO » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:32 am

NRA has officially announced they will not support Reid. They cited his recent support of Kagan and prior support of Sotomayor as reasons.

iowa bowhunter

Postby iowa bowhunter » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:53 am

The supreme court ruled in favor of the 2d ammendment in a 5-4 ruling. This case basically put an ammendment in our constitution on trial to see if it should be there. This means that 4 justices thought it would be right to simply take the second ammendment out of our constituion. This case should have been 9-0 but liberals are trying to change everything they dont give a crud about the constitution and some even want it gone. c'mon we get a 5-4 ruling on a 2d amm. case and were downing the nra. while i dont agree with there decision to endorse dirty harry they still have protected our rights on many occasions. Voting one issue will hurt the future of this country. PEOPLE OF NEVADA VOTE SHARRON ANGLE

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News