TN Hunting Journal for 2010

Legnip

TN Hunting Journal for 2010

Postby Legnip » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:31 pm

How are you doing this year? Has the long hot summer taken its toll? What are you seeing? Are coyotes an issue?
From those who much is given, much is expected

bowboxer

RE: TN Hunting Journal for 2010

Postby bowboxer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:27 am

how am i doing?health is good.my mind is going crazy.tried of tennessee and the people in tennessee,trying to leave,if i find work.the summer has been to hot,and i really didn't do much of anything this summer.i have been seeing two very nice bucks,but they have their velvet on so i really don't know how big they really are.but one looks to be a 1.5 year old 8 piont and the other is a 2.5 years old 10piont.they have been staying together and i only see them once a week.i have plant a 20 yard long and 9 yard wide food plot in shotplot and hoping it will bring them in.the coyotes have not been a problem but they are just now starting to come around the house.and starting to become more active at night.the acorn crop in my area is not to good.white oaks did bad again but the red oaks are loaded.i really don't know if i will get to hunt to much this year.work is are to find and every job i get in two to three weeks they lay everyone off.i hope everyone does good this year, and be safe.

prohunter

Postby prohunter » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:32 pm

My health is good now ,for a guy thats 3 back surgeries,food plots did great,and have seen some bucks that i havent seen before,1 is high and tight 9 or 10 the other is wider with stickers he looks like main frame 10 maybe in the 140s i hope they stay around.
As far coyotes i dont see any around here but i know their here.
Jim
take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids.

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:47 am

I'm finally ready for the season to start, once the temps drop a little more. I just got the game camera out this week, and still need to move a couple tree stands before the season gets here. I've found a good trail intersection and funnel. Two big old trees were blown down in the same direction w/ 20 yards between them. The one tree blocked of a trail, but now they all seem to be using the same trail. Coyotes were an issue last year. I've been working to thin out the packs. I shot 10 between New Years and late march. I'm pretty sure that I still have 10-20 running around.
From those who much is given, much is expected

Return to Tennessee