ozonics

bamadeerhunter4

ozonics

Postby bamadeerhunter4 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:11 pm

has anyone tried that ozonics thing it seems like b/s what do yaul think about it its a lot of money i dont see how something like that could work roll tide

USNavyChiefRet

RE: ozonics

Postby USNavyChiefRet » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:06 am

I don't know. I don't own one, yet. I am considering purchasing one. I am going to hunt one location this year out of a ground blind, the rest tree stands. According to their press release Ozonics was formed by Dr. Elrod and two other persons, one a Ph. D. in chemistry. I just haven't been able to "plull the trigger" on one of these units. The original one, the HR-100 was aparently a little noisey (fan), but apparently the newer units (HR-150 & HR-200) have eliminated this problem. You can read about them by doing a search for "Ozonics". I don't know, seems like alot of money.

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:29 pm

Let me shed some light on this ozone topic for you. I work with ozone machines in my profession. I own a company that deals with water and fire restoration. We have to remove mold, mildew and smoke on a regular basis. The easiest way to totally remove any hint of this and other smells associated with floods and fire is with an ozone generator. They are very expensive units and this is not new technology. It has been around awhile. It works 100% and that is no BS. I couldn't make my living without it. If you go to a house that had a kitchen fire and smoked up the whole house, you can clean the smoke residue but the smell is still there. Run an ozone machine for a few days and circulate the air and the smell is gone. Now, I'm not talking gone for a little while, I'm talking gone for good.

I have not used the Ozonics unit yet in a hunting situation but I have used it on a few jobs on some very localized smells just to see if it would do what the others do. It worked every time. I will be taking this unit to the woods with me this year and try it out in some hunting situations. I don't know how effective it will be in free air applications, but I'm sure that if you take the time to set it up like the instructions say (with the curtain effect), it should help tremendously.
Hunt as though your life depended on it, because one day it just might!

Xecute

Postby Xecute » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:32 pm

You are right but when you are outside 20 feet in a tree the ozone machine thingy isn't going to chase down the scent that is blowing off of you. Like a lot of the scent control products it works in a controlled environment.

6X6

Re: ozonics

Postby 6X6 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:57 pm

I have used Ozonics for the last couple of hunting seasons. All I can say is it works. I have had more deer around me (within 20 feet down) without being detected than ever in the past. I do hunt in a ground blind. The Ozonics puts off a slight smell that seems to adequatly neutralize my scent. In the past, I could rarely get deer that close without getting busted. I hunt in the mountains in Washington State, where the the wind is constantly swirling. There is rarely a dominant wind direction, so hunting downwind is not an option. I know there are a lot of skeptics out there. All I can say is it works!

rmw

Postby rmw » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:58 am

It's worked great for me out of a ground blind , have not tested it out of a tree stand

Jon H.

Postby Jon H. » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:27 am

I can see how it would work in an inclosed blind. But, in a tree stand, in the open. I have my doubts. I can't say, because I don,t own one, but that's just one more thing to carry in the woods! And what if it rains? I think with proper scent control and watching the wind and thermals you'll do just as good with a little more money in you're pocket!

gatodoc

Postby gatodoc » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:59 pm

I use an ozone generator in my veterinary hospital when I have odor issues and it works great. I don't see how it could work well in an open air situation but could be an asset in a blind.

I'm going to try it in a small room with my hunting clothes and equipment this year before and during the season to see if I can truly remove odors from my clothes, guns, pack and bow...

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:19 pm

I don't know what levels of ozone these put out, but you shouldn't breathe that stuff. I used to have an indoor air cleaner that produced ozone. I stopped using it when I noticed it was killing plants that were next to it. It literally fried the plants, killing the leaves.

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

rmw

Postby rmw » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:10 pm

fr0sty wrote:I don't know what levels of ozone these put out, but you shouldn't breathe that stuff. I used to have an indoor air cleaner that produced ozone. I stopped using it when I noticed it was killing plants that were next to it. It literally fried the plants, killing the leaves.

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

You must have been using it at a far higher level than is allowed for human occupancy , there is O2 out there every time after a thunder storm . Too much H2O can kill you too but we still need it to stay alive :D

Most people would not drink water if they only had the MSDS for it for reference

Next

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators