Scentlok Judge needs Hunters Imput

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
bmorris

Scentlok Judge needs Hunters Imput

Postby bmorris » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:28 am

Class action decision will be made in 8 states on or after Sept. 16 ,2010. Scentlok is opposing this decision and only wants to pay those those who have filed lawsuits. The judge has already made a decision as a matter of law . If you feel that all hunters should be eligible to be reimbursed you need to write the judge.
Here's his address.

Judge Richard Kyle
Minnesota US District Court
Federal Office Building
316 N. Roberet St.
St Paul , Mn 55101

You can be sure that Scentlok , Cabela's and Gander Mountain have lobbied not to have to reimburse those who have spent good money to buy a product they felt worked as claimed. Scentblocker has already settled these lawsuits and there needs to be a class action decision in favor of hunters and not companies that have already made millions at hunter's expense.
This is an opportunity for your imput.

bmorris

RE: Scentlok Judge needs Hunters Imput

Postby bmorris » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:03 am

here are the states
Wisconsin
Illonis
Indiana
Michigan
New York
Flordia
Maryland
California
Washington.

Lets hope he recieves a lot of letters from these states asking for class action status.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:30 am

I walked in Gander MTN here in Beaumont TX yesterday and seen a display
for scentlock products!! I guess they don't care about the suit..

tonyotony

Postby tonyotony » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:45 am

But do the displays/ads still claim that their products make you "scent-free" or "scent proof"? I guess they can still sell their products, they're just supposed to be more careful about their claims. As far as the lawsuit, they just should pay the people who bought the products, not "all hunters", right?

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Lawsuits,lawsuits,lawsuits, First and formost I don't use this product... Why, Because I guess I was one of the people that didn't need the advice of Lee and Tiff or anyone else for that matter.. Let's ask ourselves one question here, Did anyone really believe that you could just forget the wind and hunt? If so maybe you should have lost your money. I think I will start a suit against the local pizza place that claims they have the best pizza in town. I don't like to see the rich get richer and the poor get poorer but come on someone was looking to make a quick buck off SCENT-LOK. And besides if Scent-Lok has to pay everyone who bought their product everyone will probably recieve a dollar. And who know's maybe someone shot a deer down wind using their product anyone ever thought of that. Let's start a suit next time against a company that sell's a product that people actually get hurt or sick by using not just their pride hurt. A little common sense goes a long way's [8D]

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:02 am

i got a suit i don't think it does a thing for scent control i've been busted for a few years now with this suit on upwind, downwind it don't matter
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:15 am

I didn't check to see what it read! I noticed it while I walked in.. But I will be headed home on tues and check it out again just to see..

For the lawsuits!! If a person/company decides to deceive the American people they should be brought up on charges, wheather big or small!! It will hopefuly send out a message to the rest/other companies that the American people WON"T stand for deception any longer.
ORIGINAL: tonyotony

But do the displays/ads still claim that their products make you "scent-free" or "scent proof"? I guess they can still sell their products, they're just supposed to be more careful about their claims. As far as the lawsuit, they just should pay the people who bought the products, not "all hunters", right?

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:28 am

Just for the record here I'm not saying that Scent-Loc should be able to lie or cheat people out of their money, All's I'm saying is that were taking the very companies to court that promote our sport [8|] Now if you want to break them go ahead I don't care but just a friendly reminder that when their gone so aren't all the sponsored expos and everything else. Our very great court system did this to COLT fire arm's by letting every jag bag and their brother -sister sue them when their kid's got shot on the street's of chicago or some dirt bag robed a convience store so the clerk sued Colt because if they wouldn't have made the gun they wouldn't have been shot-robed... Court cost broke the company. If these people win I'm going to sue SCENT-BLOCKER and MICHAEL WADDELL personelly for selling them scent blocker boots that they claim are water proof. Maybe we can get rid of them too.

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:16 am

im sorry , but anyone naive enough to have believed all the hype they were spewing doesnt deserve reimbursed. Lesson learned. IMHO 

Kinda like the guys buying all the pecker pills [8|]
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:26 am

ORIGINAL: hookset6969

Just for the record here I'm not saying that Scent-Loc should be able to lie or cheat people out of their money, All's I'm saying is that were taking the very companies to court that promote our sport [8|] Now if you want to break them go ahead I don't care but just a friendly reminder that when their gone so aren't all the sponsored expos and everything else. Our very great court system did this to COLT fire arm's by letting every jag bag and their brother -sister sue them when their kid's got shot on the street's of chicago or some dirt bag robed a convience store so the clerk sued Colt because if they wouldn't have made the gun they wouldn't have been shot-robed... Court cost broke the company. If these people win I'm going to sue SCENT-BLOCKER and MICHAEL WADDELL personelly for selling them scent blocker boots that they claim are water proof. Maybe we can get rid of them too.

You bring up a point that could very well be of concern for hunters who endorse products just for the monetary benefits! People better think twice before putting their name on things!

Law suits everywhere and some believe it or not, are good! Keeping companies honest is a good thing for the consumer and a not-so good thing for the endorser. When a reader puts his/her trust in your articles, TV shows, etc, they indeed are developing a bond and are relying on that person's advise. Lets face it, many hunters don't have the time and resources to test and to try every product out there, so they rely on professionals. When that "professional" is bought by a leading manufacturing company to endorse a product, their reputation rides right along with it. I'm all for endorsing a fine product and am happy to share the news with other readers but if the "professional's" intent was solely for the money, they deserve the flak that comes with it. I am very cautious when recommending a product to my readers not just because of the legal aspect but rather my reputation. Once your reputation is damaged in this industry, it's very hard to get it back. Is it really worth getting paid few bucks if you are later to be found a sell-out? Not in my book.

I'm not anti-business, in fact, I'm quite the contrary. I want businesses to succeed, especially American businesses but some honesty and due diligence goes a long way!
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

Next

Return to Breaking News