Scentlok Judge needs Hunters Imput

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
hookset6969

RE: Scentlok Judge needs Hunters Imput

Postby hookset6969 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:17 am

TRAPPERDAVE, You have just recieved two thumbs up from the HOOKSET family. PECKER PILLS that great [:D] LMAO...

berudd

Postby berudd » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:57 am

ORIGINAL: trapperDave

im sorry , but anyone naive enough to have believed all the hype they were spewing doesnt deserve reimbursed. Lesson learned. IMHO 

Kinda like the guys buying all the pecker pills [8|]

+1 but never tried the pills.  Was afraid I'd have to have a third leg sewn into my jeans.

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:32 pm

LOL or get it stuck in your throat and have a stiff neck. [;)]

My issue with this whole debate, (and I'm not a believer in scent regenerating clothing---scent reduction, sure but scent regenrating, don't buy it personally) is that how can we prove that it does or doesn't work? I've been upwind of many deer during my days and i've had every type of result imaginable. I think that when you think about all the other variables that come into play (scent reduction at home, on the ride to the woods, movement in the stand, thermals, wind swirling, deer being alert vs. off guard) it's tough to say what a carbon lined suit would do to help or hinder your hunting experience.

I'm not a scientist and am in no way trying to defend scentlok, but believing this is a scam, and proving it, is two different issues.

bmorris

Postby bmorris » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:58 pm

I think the scientific test done by Dr. John Shivik under the control of the USDA with peer review clearly proved that there wasn't enough scent reduction if any to have any effect on hiding human odor from an animal.
Plus science also says that by the testimony of Drs. Turk and Miller, both activated carbon Phd's , that carbon doesn't work this way. How much more evidence do you need to believe ?

SwampLife

Postby SwampLife » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:23 pm

everyone needs to stop suing everyone.

I'm going to sue wendy's because their slogan is "it's waaayy better than fast food" and after eating their food I realized it actually is fast food and it's not any better than their competitors.

BooHoo.

/rant.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:50 am

i'm with you swamplife. This "it's not my fault so i'm going to pin the responsibility on someone else" mentality is what has hurt our country (economy, etc).

The only guarantee in life is death, so anyone who thinks that there are other things we can count on, is partially to blame themselves.

I own a sentlok suit and as much as I hate to hear that it "doesn't work", I'm the fool that bought into their marketing campaign. I'm taking the responsiblity and even if they say it works 100% of the time, what idiot would believe that false claim?

bmorris

Postby bmorris » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:18 pm

I think the suing needs to stop with Scentlok.
They took RES to court(No Trace) and broke the company and they went out of business then Scentlok went after them again when No Trace resurfaced at Dan River. They sued Gore-tex and Robinson twice , and they are in court with them again for the third time. It seems that most of the court action as been started by Scentlok. If they weren't so quick to sue others they never would have been sued in my opinnion.

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:37 am

very true. We need to have increased tort reform to discourage lawsuits except in extreme cases. I know that my insurance premiums are higher than they need to be because of all the defense costs associated with a lawsuit. I would imagine the cost of products would be cheaper as well.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Check out THIS VIDEO. This is PROOF that Scent Lok works. Obviously, everyone in town wears Scent Lok clothing cause the deer can't smell the people, so it doesn't run away. How much more proof do you need? Really.

Previous

Return to Breaking News