What does "cold fusion Mean ?

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
bmorris

What does "cold fusion Mean ?

Postby bmorris » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am

I just heard Scent Blockers new ad stating how advanced their carbon is now. To me carbon is carbon.
Why would they settle in all those lawsuits and then turn around and say how superior their product is ? Makes no sense. They admit that they needed to settle and in the next breath turn on Scentlok. Their advertising doesn't seem to fit the admitted facts of the lawsuit.
Instead of coming up with a new slogan why not explain to us what cold fusion is and how the carbon is different when it is used. I suspect that there has been very little difference in the carbon but just a change in the advertising.
Can someone explain "cold fusion" so that it is understandable ?

berudd

RE: What does "cold fusion Mean ?

Postby berudd » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:55 am

Well stricktly speaking "cold fusion" refers to nuclear fusion at tempuratures near room tempurature.  It's never been done and some physicist say it can't be done.

But in the context of you post it is more likley a bunch of marketting BS.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:59 am

ORIGINAL: bmorris

I've wondered ther same thing. I'll take a guess that they have some process for bonding the charcoal to fabric that involves cold temperatures. But, that is just a guess. I'll be waiting for the real answer.

I noticed that ScentBlocker advertised heavily in the October issue of D&DH.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Good question... I was at the store with my son (12 year old) and we both were trying to figure it out.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:08 pm

It just proves that P.T Barnum is alive and well, and so are the suckers that are his rightful prey.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

paulie

Postby paulie » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:14 pm

If you make it.. they will buy!!

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:10 pm

I just heard Scent Blockers new ad stating how advanced their carbon is now. To me carbon is carbon ..... Instead of coming up with a new slogan why not explain to us what cold fusion is and how the carbon is different when it is used. I suspect that there has been very little difference in the carbon but just a change in the advertising.

I am going to explain EXACTLY what this company means when they use the term cold fusion. However, I must first bore you with some basic details so you will truly understand what the advertisers mean here.

Cold fusion refers to the theory of having Nuclear Fusion without all the messy "POP" & "HEAT" of a thermonuclear reaction in which nuclei of light atoms join to form nuclei of heavier atoms, as in the combination of hydrogen isotopes deuterium and tritium, forming a heavier helium nucleus.

When you do that, you get a very loud popping sound & a heccava lotta heat. It's like what would happen to the water in your eye ball if a 660 volt wire was stuck in your eye. You would get a very loud popping sound & a heccava lotta heat.

The quest (by scientist) for COLD Fusion is by those who want to be able to stick that 660 volt wire into your eyeball, without all that messy popping & heat. That's what the whole cold/hot fusion thing is all about.

So now we get to the meat of the problem. Why are the manufacturer & advertisers using the term COLD FUSION? Because they are betting that most people have little or no idea what nuclear or cold fusion really are ... and hence you will be impressed enough by the term Cold Fusion, so that you will more likely buy all the the rest of the garbage they are trying to make you swallow.

90% of the claims you hear from other manufacturers via their advertisers are just as insulting.
[:'(]

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:45 pm

Bill you have it all wrong!!!!!!

COLD FUSION is when its 40below.... COLD..... And your ARS is Fusioned to your seat
ORIGINAL: mightyfofaad

I just heard Scent Blockers new ad stating how advanced their carbon is now. To me carbon is carbon ..... Instead of coming up with a new slogan why not explain to us what cold fusion is and how the carbon is different when it is used. I suspect that there has been very little difference in the carbon but just a change in the advertising.

I am going to explain EXACTLY what this company means when they use the term cold fusion. However, I must first bore you with some basic details so you will truly understand what the advertisers mean here.

Cold fusion refers to the theory of having Nuclear Fusion without all the messy "POP" & "HEAT" of a thermonuclear reaction in which nuclei of light atoms join to form nuclei of heavier atoms, as in the combination of hydrogen isotopes deuterium and tritium, forming a heavier helium nucleus.

When you do that, you get a very loud popping sound & a heccava lotta heat. It's like what would happen to the water in your eye ball if a 660 volt wire was stuck in your eye. You would get a very loud popping sound & a heccava lotta heat.

The quest (by scientist) for COLD Fusion is by those who want to be able to stick that 660 volt wire into your eyeball, without all that messy popping & heat. That's what the whole cold/hot fusion thing is all about.

So now we get to the meat of the problem. Why are the manufacturer & advertisers using the term COLD FUSION? Because they are betting that most people have little or no idea what nuclear or cold fusion really are ... and hence you will be impressed enough by the term Cold Fusion, so that you will more likely buy all the the rest of the garbage they are trying to make you swallow.

90% of the claims you hear from other manufacturers via their advertisers are just as insulting.
[:'(]

blueeyeddragon76

Postby blueeyeddragon76 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:17 am

Basically the heart of the matter.. is there is some guy sitting behind his desk in an office somewhere... whos job it is , is to get the attention of the masses focused on the product he is paid to come up with an advertising campaign for. So this guy comes up with cold fusion.. sounds real cool on the commercial right?? well it is not currently possible in the scientific world, and not completely accurate on the commercials either... but that doesn't really matter... because 10 million hunters just watched that commercial, and if 1 million buy the product over the next year... well you do the math.
ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU HUNTING IS WRONG... TELL THEM TO READ THE BIBLE:

Now then get your weapons-
Your quiver and your bow-
And go out to the open country-
to hunt some wild game for me

Genesis 27:3

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:55 am

ORIGINAL: blueeyeddragon76

Basically the heart of the matter.. is there is some guy sitting behind his desk in an office somewhere... whos job it is , is to get the attention of the masses focused on the product he is paid to come up with an advertising campaign for. So this guy comes up with cold fusion.. sounds real cool on the commercial right?? well it is not currently possible in the scientific world, and not completely accurate on the commercials either... but that doesn't really matter... because 10 million hunters just watched that commercial, and if 1 million buy the product over the next year... well you do the math.

This is getting pretty close to the truth, but it might actually be a little simpler than that. The guy sitting behind the desk is well aware that one of the biggest problems with carbon garments is that they're hot. So, he reckons he can counter that by putting "cold" into the name. He also knows full well that a name is needed that makes the product sound like it's the result of scientific research, hence the word "fusion." Voilà -- "Cold Fusion." Very likely as simple as that. (Yes, there are people sitting behind desks thinking this stuff up. I once had one of those desks.)

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Next

Return to Breaking News