Arial Photos - INternet Scouting Made Easy

QuarterDay

RE: Arial Photos - INternet Scouting Made Easy

Postby QuarterDay » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:34 pm

First hello to all. As a new first time owner for a hunting property I must say that prior to buying I found both Google Earth and Bing maps very useful for what each can provide. My formost useful tool to save a ride upstate and not be happy after viewing properties was to goto the County's Website and use thier GIS/Parcel search programs to see the layout/boundries of the land - this was a great tool with layer features such as flood zones. Second, using the county gis/parcel programs I could get Lat/Lon coordinates for property corners and apply them with Google Earth to have a 3D layout of such property - again very cool. Shame with either program, its imagry can be hit or miss for either depending on dates photos were taken and where property is located seems to but they do make planning easier. The NYS DEC has an online mapping program that can make decent topo print outs also.

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:08 pm

[font="Arial"]Love Bing's Bird's Eye View, especially the way you can turn the view to look at the land from either a North, West, South or East view. Very useful when orienting the photo so you look at it from where YOU 1st approach the property.[/font]
IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

NYDeer

Postby NYDeer » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:14 am

I cant prin't topo's off Google maps this year, does Bing alow it?

Previous

Return to New York