Bag for tree sticks

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
Elkinde

Bag for tree sticks

Postby Elkinde » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:45 am

Looking for a bag that acommodates my tree sticks. Seems there could be a better way than strapping them together. Any innovative ideas?[font="Times New Roman"][/font]

Ohio farms

RE: Bag for tree sticks

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:36 am

I'm lucky in many ways and one of the ways is that my wife can sew.  She even made a drawstring case for my turkey call out of my old favorite hunting coat. Know anyone who can sew?

Wolf River Hunter

Postby Wolf River Hunter » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:01 pm

I use a duck decoy bag, it is big enough to hold the entire tree stick and has shoulder straps.
I'd rather drag out a 4 pointer with my father than a 10 pointer alone.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:23 am

Try using a military issued duffle bag.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

DEERBOSS

Postby DEERBOSS » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:56 am

I USE A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT BAGS DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF THE STICKS, ILL USE BAG FROM A FOLDING CHAIR, OR FOR MY LITTLE BIGGER ONES I USE MY BAG FOR MY GROUND BLIND!

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:05 am

Transporting them is one thing, getting them in the woods without them clanging together is another battle. Any advice on that?
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:43 am

Funny you should ask...
My wife calls me from a garage sale she is at and tells me she found a couple hunting items including a soft camo canvas gun case type bag for $2. I said sure, buy it. For $2 you cannot go wrong.

She gets home and hands it to me. It's not a gun case at all, rather it's one of those stogage bags you get with the canvas fold up chairs that never seem to fit back into it[8|].

I chuckled and told her it was fine and I'll find some use for it (any time my wife is thinking about my hunting needs, I appreciate it with great enthusiasm!). Turns out it is great storage for tall skinny things like a telescoping tree trimmer... or in your case climbing sticks. What's nice too is that it comes with a shoulder strap and it has a draw string that helps keep it closed. I do keep my tree trimmer in it and have taken it to the field. It turns out to be a handy little bag. Hangs up nicely in the garage when not in use.

DEERBOSS

Postby DEERBOSS » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:18 am

I RACHET STRAP MINE TOGETHER, IF YOU DONT HAVE STRAPS YOU CAN JUST TIE THEM TOGETHER AS TIGHT AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN, I ALSO HAVE A BUDDY THAT USES A BLACKET AND ROLLES THEM UP IN THE BLANKET AND THEN PUTS IT IN HIS BAG.

THERE IS ALOT OF WAYS TO DO IT. SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO GET CREATIVE!

Return to Tree Stands