Am I using the correct detergent?

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
mightyfofaad

RE: Am I using the correct detergent?

Postby mightyfofaad » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:41 pm

bmorris
your way of base in your figures.
The court found that there was only 27 % coverage in the clothing. That left 73 % with no coverage.

They found that when they tried to reactivate the 27 % they could onlY effect 14 % so the second time you used the clothing you only had 14% of the 27% of the carbon was useful or like 5% not 91% .

Mastertangler
I got a pair of boots that have ScentLok in them and a tag in the box literally says "Scentlok only effective for the first 30 hours of use". Then what??

Actually, I think your figures are slightly off too. Assuming, as the court found, the clothing was 27% effective out of the box, but, the carbon loses it's effectiveness after 30 hours of use. We can then conclude, since the carbon doesn't lose it's effectiveness instantly, but gradually over 30 hours; that after the 1st 8 hours of use, you now only have 19.71% effectiveness, available for the 2nd day.

Now, if you lose 1/2 of the suit's effectiveness by reactivating it in your 1500 degree dryer, you would further reduce your net 19.71% effectiveness to 9.86%effectiveness. THEREFORE, you would actually be better off not washing the clothing for the 2nd day, as you would start the day with 19.71% effectiveness, and, after another 8 hours of degradation, STILL have 12.69% effectiveness vis-a-vis the 9.86% effectiveness had you washed the clothing.

Or, Patriot can simply wear his dirty jeans, lawn mowing shirt, and sweaty softball cap which would probably be much more effective, especially with the DOEs, cause he's so damn good looking!
[:D][:D]

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:24 am

Hopefully Tide will come out with a detergent for us hunters. Acorn Rage/Honeysuckle would be nice. [:D]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Acorn Rage/Honeysuckle/FUSION.....

THERE! I fixed it for you!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Previous