2010 Season Roll Call

MassMan20

RE: 2010 Season Roll Call

Postby MassMan20 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:42 am

WHats up guys...got out on Mon and Wed afternoon after work...415 to like 730 got in late but the best i can do after work lol....saw 3 doe both time walking to my stand but zero the whole hunt..GL guys

DeanoZ...nice man...Its a great bow...your going to be so happy when you get it all set up...im right on the money everytime from 35yd...best hunting move i ever made geting this bow

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:10 am

9/16 - AM hunt, wind was out of the Northeast so it was a perfect time to try one of the stands that's just outside a rubline, that I know the bucks are traveling through.  Go in nice and early again, no snortfest like last time, but did jump a deer beeding on the edge of the field.  Got set up and heard them moving just west of me, but it was still too dark to see anything.  Sunrise came and went without a sighting.  Got off stand and jumped a doe in the same spot as this morning.  Funny cause i thought for sure the stand would produce something..its a natural funnel and the rubs indicated the deer are moving in that direction in the morning...maybe just need to give it another shot..we'll see.

MassMan, yes I love the bow but I'm having a devil of a time trying to paper tune it.  Keeps giving me a knock left tear consistently, no matter what I do.  i did notice some lean on the idler wheel so i'm bringing it back to the dealer to have it looked at.  Regardless, it shoots great and its smooooooth!

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:29 am

OK Soxfan is on the board. Took out a nice doe at 30 yards. Used the Reign broadhead for first time and I will continue to use it. I missed my mark by about 3 inches and hit shoulder blade, but that didnt stop the Reign! Threw and threw and dropped her like a rock. Good luck to all and hope to see you all in the woods soon.

MassMan20

Postby MassMan20 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:32 am

Gratz on the doe sox....Got out on sat morning...by 7am had a nice looking 4 pt come by....could have took him but let him pass...2 more doe came by but that was it..try to get out a few more times this week...Gl all

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Awesome Soxfan...I did not get out at all last week...timing and weather (winds) just did not work out for me, plus I was in Cancun for the last 4 days [:D].  Anyway, I'll probably be out in Flemington on Wednesday, and then planning to Holmdel for the Oct 2 opener...you guys hunting Raminessan on Saturday?  If so lets meet up!

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:59 am

Thanks DeanoZ. Rayningblood and I havent had a chance to put our stands in Raminessin yet. Hopefully do it Wed. We got a new guy into the sport too, his name is Geraldo. He ex army and picked up bow for first time this year and shoot the lights out of it. Hopefully we can get him registered and get him in Raminessin with us. Soooo... if we can get those things done we will be there Saturday afternoon. I have a red ford explor so you will know if we are there. Hope to see ya then.

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:04 am

Oh yeah, thanks MassMan20. I love that they let us crossbows now because I screwed my shpulder up and wasnt able to bowhunt any longer. Now I am back and I am LOVIN it!!

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:51 pm

ORIGINAL: soxfan

Thanks DeanoZ. Rayningblood and I havent had a chance to put our stands in Raminessin yet. Hopefully do it Wed. We got a new guy into the sport too, his name is Geraldo. He ex army and picked up bow for first time this year and shoot the lights out of it. Hopefully we can get him registered and get him in Raminessin with us. Soooo... if we can get those things done we will be there Saturday afternoon. I have a red ford explor so you will know if we are there. Hope to see ya then.

Yeah I have not either..as a matter of fact i went to register and get my permit away and was turned away because I had a faxed copy of my Hunter Ed card...I was like WTH???  Anyway, I'll register Thursday, take a look at what spots are still open and plan to hunt all day Saturday.  I have a white H3 Hummer pick-up, so I'll keep an eye out for ya too.  Look forward to meeting Geraldo...always good to see new hunters on board!

MassMan20

Postby MassMan20 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:22 am

Sox...yea man it really is a great thing..so ppl that are hurt can still get out and hunt.

cutngut85

Postby cutngut85 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:13 am

Whats up guys! Congrats massman and sox on your deer. I took a button buck on the evening of the 13th. Haven't been on here in awhile, as usual, the reality that life doesn't always revolve around hunting got in the way! I have still been out a number of times, but all evening sits. Haven't been out a morning yet. I was planning on tomorrow but I'm hearing it's supposed to rain in buckets! Just my luck. Anyway, getting back to me shooting a BB.......I don't know how some guys can tell. Two fawns came out who were identical in size. I pulled the binocs up a studied them both and shot what seemed to be the smaller of the two. Either way I at least got my EAB but no luck so far and on Friday it wouldn't have mattered! Best luck to you guys your next time out....we all still got to get together sometime!

PreviousNext

Return to New Jersey