BEST Trail Camera

SHKYBoonie

RE: BEST Trail Camera

Postby SHKYBoonie » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:58 pm

All the pics were from a 2009 Trophy cam and actually it is one of the cams that I have had out sense July '09. I have only changed the batteries in it once. These are the standard AA batteries not the lithium. It has been hanging on a tree in my deer woods sense I purchased it! I moved it around from feeding station to mineral site to trails to scrapes just to see how well it worked in all situations. I got pics of deer in every situation. If it missed any, it would not have mattered because it got the pics I needed to help identify the buck I wanted to go after. It helped me target his movement and how he was reacting to hunting pressure in the area.

As for which Trophy Cam to buy, I really can't tell you very much about the new cams just yet as they have only been working for me for a few months now. I can tell you that I was very excited when Bushnell introduced the new cams because they had seemed to fix all the things I though were wrong with the '09 model. It really doesn't matter that they boosted it to 8MP because I set all my cams up on 3MP anyway. 3MP is plenty enough clear to view on your computer and zoom in to get the fine details of a deer in the photo. On 3MP the night time IRs don't blurr as much when the animal is moving as with higher MPs. I set my cams up to take 2 photos with each trigger at no less than 2 minute time outs (more if it is on a feeding/mineral station because they tend to hang out longer). I don't want to burn battery life on several pics of one animal. The Trophy cam lets you set the IR motion detector sensitivity. In the hotter months you want to set it on "high" to keep from getting very many false triggers. In the cold months, set it to "low" for the same reasons. All inbetween, put it on "normal". Anyway, the things I really like about the NEW Trophy Cams are the increase from a 2GB SD card to the 16GB SD card. With the old cams, I was filling cards up too quick, especially when I let them stay out for months on end without checking them (Spring & Summer). The other thing is the increase of LED IRs on the flash. I have only checked the new cams once sense I put them out. They seemed to be doing a great job so far. I am going to check them again this weekend, so I'll post again after that to give you an update. For now, I can tell you that the '09 Trophy Cams are the best cams I have had to date, bar none! They have not let me down or gave me pictures that have left me scratching my head wondering,"What went wrong?!" They were a perfect hunting tool that helped me put my tag on a 150+" 10 point last year that other wise, I would not have known even lived on my farm.

These pics are from the 2010 Trophy Cam.

Hunt as though your life depended on it, because one day it just might!

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm very happy with my cuddeback capture. Really couldn't ask for anything more. Good battery life, nice quality pics, color night shots, nice range of picture timing, and very fast. Here are a few samples. 
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:13 pm

I just put out my Cuddeback Capture today- got it via an upgrade from the company. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also got a Stealth Cam Prowler, mainly with Cabela's points. Got it mainly for video.

My next will be a Camtrakker. But it could be next year [>:]

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Nice pics btw charlie 01!

swamp buck

Postby swamp buck » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:34 pm

It depends on if you are out to get awesome pics or if you are out there to use it as a scouting tool. I have 4 cuddebacks and a cheap stealth. honestly, I will never buy another camera that cost more then 150 bucks. If I can see the head and horns Im happy.Thats all I need to know. Im not hanging these photos on the wall.I would rather hang the big buck on the wall.
ORIGINAL: DeerAddict

Tell what you think is THE BEST trail camera, and why you think so.

Ky Bob

Postby Ky Bob » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:04 pm

ORIGINAL: DeerAddict

Are there any good trail cameras that run off of double AA battteries that have good battery life??? (Besides the trophy cam)

Check out the new Scoutguard 560. I got one last week and love it so far!

Blake Jones

Re: BEST Trail Camera

Postby Blake Jones » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Honestly Reconyx is not worth the money. if you take any camera with a trigger speed under 1 second and jack it 5 or 6 feet up in the tree and face it down a little bit itll catch jsut as much as the reconyx. not saying reconyx sucks cuz they dont i was given 5 to try and there great but i take my cudde backs and spy point cameras and jack them up a little bit and face em down and they do just as good. ive done over 125 survey test on the farm with them and each time by doing this all cameras get the exact same images.

stevenjackson

Postby stevenjackson » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:46 am

alot of good choices already pointed out!

Bestok

Postby Bestok » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:35 am

12 Mega Pixels Color CMOS
Wide angle lens up to 120 degree
Ultra low standby power consumption
Support Multi-language
Audio function
Sharp and bright color pictures in daytime and clear black/white pictures at night
Perform in the most extreme temperatures from -22°F to 158°F
Impressively quick trigger time (0.82 second)
Serial Number function enables you to code locations in the photos. This helps multi-camera users identify the location when reviewing the photos
Date, time, temperature and moon phase can be stamped in the pictures
Lockable and password protected

These are Bestok M660 parameters,I think it meet the best appellation,and it also have many accessories to meet the needs of the other features.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:13 am

Bestok wrote:12 Mega Pixels Color CMOS
Wide angle lens up to 120 degree
Ultra low standby power consumption
Support Multi-language
Audio function
Sharp and bright color pictures in daytime and clear black/white pictures at night
Perform in the most extreme temperatures from -22°F to 158°F
Impressively quick trigger time (0.82 second)
Serial Number function enables you to code locations in the photos. This helps multi-camera users identify the location when reviewing the photos
Date, time, temperature and moon phase can be stamped in the pictures
Lockable and password protected

These are Bestok M660 parameters,I think it meet the best appellation,and it also have many accessories to meet the needs of the other features.

It's not really appropriate to be advertising your own products on this website.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras