Why did you join the D&DH forums?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
rockback

RE: Why did you join the D&DH forums?

Postby rockback » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:22 pm

For me, this seems like the place for a rookie deer hunter, such as myself, to learn about something I have fallen in love with until the good lord takes me from this earth.

crease

Postby crease » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:10 pm

I am a blue collar guy who loves to hunt and be in the woods especially when everyone else is at work.Because I work afternoons I can hunt anyday of the week and still get to work on time.I joined for the comraderie and hopefully to extend my knowledge of deer and deer hunting(no pund intended),love the magazine I use their info all the time and have been very successful in seeing more deer by getting into better positions with stand placements,scent control.and calling you name it, it has made me a better hunter even if i don't shoot a Booner and come away with a doe instead.I just joined and went to a post from the Shaman on scent control and his use of baking soda for scent free washing of clothes.
Hunt ethically and hunt safe

flatpicker

Postby flatpicker » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:32 am

I love to hunt deer as well as hog, coyote, you name it. Love to read about it, we can all learn from each other.
Veteran Flatpicking Guitar Player
www.jdsguitars.com

NCdeerguy

Postby NCdeerguy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:05 am

I joined because it's encouraging to hear practices and experiences of other real-life hunters. It's encouraging to see how some other hunters have slipped up and made mistakes but still had success; helps boost my confidence when I see the success of other hunters who have made the same mistakes or faced the same problems. In addition, its very imformative overall and a good resource for us hunters to have some comradery and aggrevate each other.
D&DH magazine has also been my fav magazine- most of the others are filled with re-hashed "new tactics" that appear in every issue....very cookie cutter like, and the rest is ads. There are real authors, real hunters, real in depth educational deer info in this mag.
Jeremy from NC
Tree hoppin' 'cross state from the mtns of Wilkes to the swamps of Halifax

messa

Postby messa » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:40 am

I like giving my opinion on all sorts of hunting topics and really enjoy hearing the opinion of others. Also, this is the best place to hear about the newest gear and get true testimony from hunters who field test all the new gear and gadgets.

deerslayer333

Postby deerslayer333 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:19 pm

I think my friends, wife and family get tired of me talking about hunting so I thought I'd join and drive everybody else crazy[:D]lol. I'm new to D&DH magazine but I love it. I tried to not renew my script for this year but that only lasted about a month. I'M HOOKED. I got a lot of learning to do since the only way I used to hunt before converting to bowhunting was sit at the edge of a field, wait for the deer to come out and shot em from a couple hundred yards away. But now I'm all about gettin' close. OORAH!
One shot, one kill. Semper Fi.

Team_Redneck

Postby Team_Redneck » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:20 pm

I joined because I recently bought the magazine.

I wanted to learn more about deer, How to hunt them better.

Also hope to share some information that i know to y'all and to hear some great stories!

JDeitrich

Postby JDeitrich » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:34 am

I joined to seek out others tactics and possibly find some new hunting buddies in the Baltimore County, MD area

jamesti

Postby jamesti » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:41 am

i joined because i just moved to a totally new place and was hoping to glean some knowledge and maybe meet other sportsmen and women where i am.

BillHilly

Postby BillHilly » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:25 am

i joined because i just moved to a totally new place and was hoping to glean some knowledge and maybe meet other sportsmen and women where i am.

Where you are?
Born on a mountain raised in a cave Huntin and truckin is what I crave

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions