illinois check in

Lot to Learn

RE: illinois check in

Postby Lot to Learn » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:42 am

Hey double_lung, welcome aboard.  Not too far from you, south of  Jacksonville a bit. 

WCDH

Postby WCDH » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:25 am

I own land and live on it in White County with great deer and turkey on my land so far 1 deer over 205 and a wide range of 150 and up. Biggest turkey 11 5/8 beard and a bearded hen with a 9 inch.

Good hunting this year to all.

JFry1969

Postby JFry1969 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:06 pm

I have lived and hunted in Wayne County my whole life. The farm I work for has 4500 acres in the sw corner along the Skillet Fork River (creek) and 2000 acres in N. Hamilton county along big creek. They also have a farm somewhere West of Springfield along the Sangamon River that they cash rent to the local farmers up there. I havent gotten up there to hunt yet but would like to someday. I never got serious about big bucks til the last few years, mainly just went after does for meat, so my biggest buck was 2 yrs ago a 155 ten ptr. Still too much corn out to take inventory of this years bucks and cameras tend to get stolen.
Just curious WCDH, are you around Carmi? I didnt know if were hunting Skillet or the Wabash.

Good Luck to all of ya this year and be safe!!

WCDH

Postby WCDH » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:32 pm

South of it. I'm not by the river. I got land to hunt in wayne county also some of it is along the creek and highway up there. I bow hunt it. This county crap for gun tags needs to stop.

Heck I have most likely meet you before.

bobow

Postby bobow » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:20 am

This county crap for gun tags needs to stop.

Is there some kind of county tag you have to obtain besides the state tag for firearms? 

Is it just in Wayne County?

I've just not heard of something like this before.  If this is an isolated requirement I hope the word doesn't travel to the northern counties [8D]
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:33 am

ORIGINAL: bobow

This county crap for gun tags needs to stop.

Is there some kind of county tag you have to obtain besides the state tag for firearms? 

Is it just in Wayne County?

I've just not heard of something like this before.  If this is an isolated requirement I hope the word doesn't travel to the northern counties [8D]

Gun tags are county specific here in IL! Your tag is for THAT county only. Archery tags are state wide.
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

bobow

Postby bobow » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:52 am

Gun tags are county specific here in IL! Your tag is for THAT county only.

I just misunderstood what he was saying.  I do realize that firearm tags are county specific.  It sounded like it was something extra.  My bad!  [&:]
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

kevmar96

Postby kevmar96 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:46 am

hey guys whats up.  new to this forum .  i live in macoupin county and hunt a private farm in greene county.  cant wait for the season to start.

dmusgrave

Postby dmusgrave » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:49 pm

New member - own land in Hardin County....looking forward to a great season.

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:08 pm

One dead doe on opening morning in Schuyler Co. for me. I only saw 1 buck besides her. I hunted there this morning also, in the rain, but didn't see anything. I'm going to try a Tazewell Co. hunt tomorrow.

Good luck to all! The season's finally here!
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

PreviousNext

Return to Illinois