Best MN archery harvest opener since 2007

dewey

Best MN archery harvest opener since 2007

Postby dewey » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:28 am

Saw this and I thought I would post it for all of my fellow Minnesotan's, way to go bow hunters!!

http://www.startribune.com/sports/outdoors/103480824.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUgOahccyiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUs

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

Marc Anthony

RE: Best MN archery harvest opener since 2007

Postby Marc Anthony » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:12 am

That's good news! I hope it contiues as I will be hunting MN. for the first time at Camp Ripley military base in November.
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:52 am

I hunted each evening Saturday through Tuesday.  I'm sure the gorgeose weather (excetp Monday) was a huge factor.

Low temps combined with high pressure system equals good early season deer hunting.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

mnmaverick

Postby mnmaverick » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 am

Like I said on another post, if my opener was any indication it will be a great year. Tons of does and fawns around our property ,and big buck sign all over. Can't wait for Halloween to get here:)

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:50 am

There are some huge deer at Ripley.  Best of luck!
ORIGINAL: Marc Anthony

That's good news! I hope it contiues as I will be hunting MN. for the first time at Camp Ripley military base in November.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:03 pm

ORIGINAL: Patriot

I hunted each evening Saturday through Tuesday.  I'm sure the gorgeose weather (excetp Monday) was a huge factor.

Low temps combined with high pressure system equals good early season deer hunting.

Did you mean gorgeous?  [:D]

Marc, I hear Ripley is a diamond in the rough.  You must have seen that monster that was shot up there last year.  If only I could get a resident MN deer license.  ...or, pony up the dough for a few days of hunting.
QDM!

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:37 am

ORIGINAL: buckhunter21

ORIGINAL: Patriot

Did you mean gorgeous?  [:D]

Marc, I hear Ripley is a diamond in the rough.  You must have seen that monster that was shot up there last year.  If only I could get a resident MN deer license.  ...or, pony up the dough for a few days of hunting.

The MN State Record non-typical was killed at Camp Ripley with a bow around this time a year ago.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Return to Minnesota