Minnesota vs. Wisconsin

bowman12

RE: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin

Postby bowman12 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:12 am

I can't compare the two, never hunted in WI, but we have lots of deer. I can't believe they changed our regs this year to only two deer total a year. My zone changed from 5 deer last year to two, and we have the same amount as last year. I've seen lots of does so far this year.

Jslotter, interesting you used to live where I do now. Beltrami used to be very awesome but with it being in part of the TB zone they've really killed a huge amount of deer in that area, I'm sure there are still some big bucks but the forest population has gone way down. They actually had a bait pile near Hayes lake and the sharp shooters have been shooting off of it for 3 years now, anything they can kill they do. Hopefully they're done shooting now. I hunt up by the border in Lost River state forest, so we're unaffected by the TB.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:01 am

ORIGINAL: bowman12

I can't compare the two, never hunted in WI, but we have lots of deer. I can't believe they changed our regs this year to only two deer total a year. My zone changed from 5 deer last year to two, and we have the same amount as last year. I've seen lots of does so far this year.

Jslotter, interesting you used to live where I do now. Beltrami used to be very awesome but with it being in part of the TB zone they've really killed a huge amount of deer in that area, I'm sure there are still some big bucks but the forest population has gone way down. They actually had a bait pile near Hayes lake and the sharp shooters have been shooting off of it for 3 years now, anything they can kill they do. Hopefully they're done shooting now. I hunt up by the border in Lost River state forest, so we're unaffected by the TB.

That sucks man, I know that TB was around but it wasn't bad when I lived up there. You never hear about TB ever down here and its so close. Combine that with CWD then the WI seasons I think will be jacked up. Sad to hear Beltrami isn't the place to find good bucks anymore. However, I hear camp Ripley is producing big deer.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

kjamesn

Postby kjamesn » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:58 pm

In my opinion most big bucks like the deep woods and swamps. There are more think deep areas in Wisconsin but both states have their qualities. [;)]

Previous

Return to Minnesota