Youth Season

JChurch

Youth Season

Postby JChurch » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:16 am

I was wondering if anyone else took their kids hunting during the youth season and what you thought of the weather we had.I think it would help to get kids interested and keep them interested if it wasn't so hot during their season maybe move itto the first weekend of November or something

Relentless

RE: Youth Season

Postby Relentless » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:53 am

Tell me about it....IL is completely jacked up when it comes to youth seasons.  This is the third year in a row with these temps for youth deer season.  Why on earth would IL only give a kid a two day chance at a deer...or a turkey for that matter....it does not take much to screw up a two day hunt.  My boy can hunt turkeys in NE for $26 for almost 2 MONTHS as a non - resident.  In IL, as a resident, he can hunt for two freaking days for $10.  What a crock! 

I feel better now.  Maybe, just maybe, someone with authority to change or at least influence the law will read this.  This is my son's first year and he is 8 so maybe it will get straightened out before he can no longer be considered a youth.
Bucks and does alike, if I ever lose the rush leading up to and after a kill, I will hang it up. Knowing me, that will never happen.

Return to Illinois