G5 quest q33

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
fireflyparamedic

G5 quest q33

Postby fireflyparamedic » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:31 am

Just purchased a G5 yesterday up to LL Cotes in Errol New Hampshire. Man what a sweet bow. Tried a few different brands and it shot as well and what I feel better than a couple other bows a couple hundred dollars more than what I payed. anyone else in the forum have a quest bow. Still after the bow and setting it up with a dozen arrows still almost cost me just below a grand. any comments.
fireflyparamedic

danesdad

RE: G5 quest q33

Postby danesdad » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:29 pm

The bow you have is, with minor differences, a Ross Cardiac.  The Ross Archery company used to contract out the manufacture of risers to G5/Grace engineering.  At some point, Ross was unable or unwilling to pay G5 for these pieces and G5 was left holding a bunch of parts for Ross bows.  So, in order to recoup their investment, G5 made bows out of these parts with their own name( Quest) and marketed them.  Since then, Ross was bought by Bowtech.  I've never seen a Quest bow but I assure you that it is a quality bow because Cardiacs are one of the best shooters on the market.  I'm not certain if G5 intends to continue making bows of their own design once the Ross pieces are assembled and sold.  It also remains to be seen what will happen to the Ross designs with Bowtech buying them, but I've heard good things.  Anyhow, you got a shooter, good luck with it.

fireflyparamedic

Postby fireflyparamedic » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:18 am

thanks for the comment and info. when i shot the bow before i bought it, it certainly was shooting fast. the bow i traded in was a hoyt rebel. can't wait to get it into the woods.

Boe_Hunter

Postby Boe_Hunter » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:30 pm

Danesdad has it summed up pretty well.  In all the feedback I have seen on many sites regarding the Ross bows, they are very favorable.

I shoot a Ross 331, which is very similar to the bow you have and I love it.  It is very forgiving and feels great in my hands.  You will like that bow.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:44 pm

What does the term "Forgiving" mean when someone states a bow is very forgiving....does it mean if you miss a Deer it says "Thats all right you shoot better the next time"?[8|] Seriously....what does that term mean? 

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Forgiving means you can make minor mistakes in your shooting form and the bow will still deliver the arrow on target. Some qualifications for Forgiving are:

above 7 inch brace height, small grip that fits the web of the hand with minimal contact, balanced slightly forward so as to allow the bow to follow through the shot(Kind of like follow through when throwing a ball) without a stabilzer attached(once a stab it on the follow though becomes even better).

ARROWSMITH

Postby ARROWSMITH » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:47 pm

Not only does a brace height of 7 inches or more make a bow more forgiving(to bad form) a longer axel to axel length will add to the forgiveness that a bow has to offer.  This is why I was never a fan of the really short speed bows.

Return to Archery and Bowhunting