To Bottle or Not To Bottle?

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
woodsalta

RE: To Bottle or Not To Bottle?

Postby woodsalta » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:10 am

Well, we will see how the human urine does in the field. I just made my first small mock scrape in front of my camera last night and I will let you know what happens. As mentioned before, my wife is still on board with the experiment I proposed earlier this year, I think she thought that I would have forgotten about it by the start of the season, but this is deer hunting we are talking about here.
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:03 am

First, if I were to bottle I'd have to more thank likely carry a pair of 2l bottles on my hip.
I void alot and have been known to sit from before dawn to after dusk.

Secondly I have made successful mock scrapes with my urine, so I don't think its a factor.

I may however refrain from eating asparagus the night before or Lucky Charms that a.m. [:D]
Then again, the curiosity factor of a deer...........
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:58 am

[font="Tahoma"]Hey guys, I think some of you are starting to share a little bit more than we need to know![/font] [&:]
IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

bowhuntr15

Postby bowhuntr15 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:59 am

hope you give us an update in a few weeks...., I really am curious.  Like WW told another member - "..give it a try first, then draw your own conclusion....".  I am giving it a try this year, I hope I am not second guessing myself.  Good luck to all this year.  Opening day, after just legal light,  I got some meat for my freezer.  I didn't even get a chance to pee.., LOL!
"Perseverance, Practice, Integrity"

fave

Postby fave » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:06 pm

ORIGINAL: woodsalta

Well, we will see how the human urine does in the field. I just made my first small mock scrape in front of my camera last night and I will let you know what happens. As mentioned before, my wife is still on board with the experiment I proposed earlier this year, I think she thought that I would have forgotten about it by the start of the season, but this is deer hunting we are talking about here.

Woodsalta, maybe you should have your wife tinkle in the scrape too. Most of this talk is about testoterone. maybe we should through a little estrogen in the mix. Good lick with the test. I can personally attest to peein in a scrape. Northern WI, a buck came in and tore the place up. I don't make it a practice but having seen it first hand...very impressive.

woodsalta

Postby woodsalta » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:41 am

I went out a couple of days ago and checked the mock scrape. and the day after I did it I had a buck I didn't even know was there come in to check it out. I will keep you posted as to what I see on the camera Sunday evening, which is the eve of our bow season.

woodsalta

Postby woodsalta » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:57 am

lets try this again.

Redarrow

Postby Redarrow » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:42 am

As I recall, part of the argument is that nearly all deer habitat is a vast potpourri of mammalian pee. You've got deer, squirrels, chipmunks, coons, foxes, rabbits, coyotes, etc., etc.,etc., all leaving their urine which has many common elements, and degrades rather quickly.  For this reason, deer have never adapted to key in on urine... it would drive them crazy.
[align=left] [/align]
Central Wisconsin Hunter

roughrider 123

Postby roughrider 123 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:13 pm

Found a 5ft. fresh scrape saturday and gave it my special. that night a 3.5 year old checked the scrape and the next day 3 different bucks engaged the branch and scrape along with 6 does. I am now a believer in freshing myself.

roughrider out.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Told ya! [:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

PreviousNext