River hunting

JonesnfoHunting

River hunting

Postby JonesnfoHunting » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:11 am

[&:] I was wondering if anyone knew what to do? I'm am currently trying to hunt a river edge. My problem is that I dont know if I should hunt the river edge or the small ridge that sits back about 50 yards from the bank the ridge is only 40 feet high or so based off my topo but on top of the ridge its really thick and I mite be able to get a clear shot in a couple spots but over all its pretty thick. On the river bank its pretty open and can get a better shot. I'm fairly new to hunting and moved away from the spot i've hunting from when I started I scouted this spot by myself and I was going off of what i've read. I appreciate any insight,

blueeyeddragon76

RE: River hunting

Postby blueeyeddragon76 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:39 pm

do you have a tpo pic of the ridge t upload? I would try to stay off the river bed myself... @ 50 yards the ridge would be the way to go for me.. it is elevated and it sounds like there is good cover... where in NH are you going to be hunting?
ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU HUNTING IS WRONG... TELL THEM TO READ THE BIBLE:

Now then get your weapons-
Your quiver and your bow-
And go out to the open country-
to hunt some wild game for me

Genesis 27:3

deerhunter4362

Postby deerhunter4362 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:04 pm

I have hunted from stand that where set up about 50 to 75 yards up from rivers..setting them up was easy, just looked for the main area they where using to cross the rivers for the stands. have had success but stayed more towards the ridge side for the view factor of seeing whats moving..good luck and be safe...

JonesnfoHunting

Postby JonesnfoHunting » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:07 am

I appreciate the help i'm in southeastern nh the ridge is really hard to get to I do have a topo but its a printout and i know its hard to even guss what i'm talking about . its really not that much of a ridge its about 40 - 50 feet up and really thick at least for now. I 'll give it a shot a see how it turns out thanks 

Return to New Hampshire