2nd amendment

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
vambo991

2nd amendment

Postby vambo991 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:32 pm

OMG!!! Just watched the news and saw that the supreme court has finally ruled that the 2nd Amendment does give us the right to own firearms. I'm sitting here watching as these liberal big city mayors and governors are freaking out. I'm not sure that we needed the supreme court to decide on something that we can plainly read for ourselves, though. (way to go! NRA)

I just want to hear everybody's comments on this one?

gutpile

RE: 2nd amendment

Postby gutpile » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:00 pm

its about time...the constitution always gae us the rights, but the worthless libs have always thought it didn't....
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:21 am

This is indeed a great day for us, and for freedom, but what's downright scary, is that we we're only ONE JUDGE AWAY from losing it! 

Here's an article written by Ted Nugent that explains this much better than I can..........

[font="times new roman"]A "SUPREME" COURT?  I CAN DO BETTER                              by Ted Nugent[/font]
[font="times new roman"][/font]
[font="times new roman"]It is glaringly obvious that a critical lesson in history 101 is due in America, for it appears that not only does a lunatic fringe of anti-freedom Americans dismiss our founding father's clear declaration of independence and succinct enumeration of our God given individual rights, but some Americans have the arrogance and audacity to question whether the right to self-defense is indeed one of these individual rights. Dear God in heaven, who could be this soulless? How about 4 out of the 9 so called "Supreme" justices of the land. God help us all.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Who could be so asinine as to believe that a free man has no such right to keep and bear arms for self-defense? What kind of low life scoundrel would know that courageous heroes of the US Military would volunteer over and over again to sacrifice and die for such self-evident truths, then turn around and spit on their graves by discounting the very freedoms that these brave men and women have died to protect? [/font]
[font="times new roman"]Will these supreme legal scholars also affirm an individual right to chose the religion of our individual choice? Do they authorize our individual freedom of speech? Can you imagine? Them is fighting words my friends, and the line drawn in the sand has never been more outrageous.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Recent USA Today and Gallup polls showed a whopping 73% of good Americans know damn well that we are all created equal, and that we each have an individual right to protect our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. What kind of jackass doesn't know this? Allow the guitar player to translate for the soul-dead among us.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Keep-this means the gun is mine and you can't have it. This does not mean I will register it with a government agency. The government works for "we the people", not the other way around, regardless of what Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Hitler, Mao Tse Tung, Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein or Barack Hussein Obama or 4 supreme justices may try to tell you.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Bear-this means I've got it right here, on me, either in my grasp or damn near. This does not mean locked away in a safe, trigger-locked or stored at the local sporting club.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Shall not be infringed-this of course is another way of saying Don't tread on me, for we will not be your willing crime victims, subjects, servants or slaves, so don't even think about it. [/font]
[font="times new roman"]When the evil King's gangsters came to collect unfair taxes from Americans, we tossed their tea into the drink. When they came to disarm us into helplessness against their old world tyrannical ways, we met them at Concord Bridge and shot them dead till they quit treading on us. Any questions children? I didn't think so.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Corrupt men cannot be trusted, hence the right of "the people" to chose the individual church of our choice, to speak our individual ideas and beliefs, to have individual freedom from unwarranted searches and seizures, and ultimately, to exercise our individual right to keep and bear arms so that evildoers cannot do unto us that which we would not do unto them. Get it? I would love to meet the human being who would argue these points with us. We would be looking at a fascist, and of course fascists, by all historical and empirical evidence, must be eliminated.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]If you value the American Way, if you believe in the words and spirit of the US Constitution and our sacred Bill of Rights, if you know in your heart that you have the right, the duty, the spiritual obligation to protect yourself and your loved ones from evil in all of its forms, then you had best contact each and every one of your elected officials right away and let them know that you know exactly what the Second Amendment says and stands for. Remind them about the "shall not be infringed" clause. [/font]
[font="times new roman"]It will not be the fault of the rotten anti-Americans out there who don't believe in individual rights that rape and pillage our Constitution, it will be the fault of those who know better but failed to speak up. Now is the time to fortify America, and we better inform the Supreme Court just who truly is the "Supreme" Court of America-We the people. Individual people with individual, God given rights. The real America. Live free or die.[/font]
[/align]

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:06 am

I am amazed that it was a 5-4 ruling!!!

What were those 4 thinking??

Or were they?
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:55 am

I agree that tis is a big win for liberty. Long overdue.

But let's not kid ourselves, this is far from over. Given the 5-4 decision, liberals will be looking to win in '08 and appoint like minded judges.

I think the gun issue hurt Gore badly in 2000 and if we can corner Obama on the issue, it will hurt him too. The key is keeping the issue in the media, in spite of their bias. Good luck to the NRA.

I am no fan of McCain (at least not politically), but he is right on this one.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:10 am

In the words of the great Patrick Henry, "Give me liberty,or give me death!"    No one will ever take my guns ,or freedom from me, as long as thier is still breath in my lungs!
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:28 pm

The ruling gives lots of language that works in our favor, we lost one step at a time now we must regain the same way.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:35 pm

truly a step in the right direction, but the war is far from won. this upcoming election is critical. everything we have accomplished in the last 8 years could be wiped away. the same supreme court that voted this decision could be drastically changed by an osama bama white house. read my tag line please. learn it know it live it.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:48 am

truly a step in the right direction, but the war is far from won. this upcoming election is critical. everything we have accomplished in the last 8 years could be wiped away. the same supreme court that voted this decision could be drastically changed by an osama bama white house. read my tag line please. learn it know it live it.

So what has been accomplished in the past 8 years.  Let's see: "we are in unwinnable quagmire in Iraq, we have a decimated housing market, economic instability and a collapsing dollar, a dysfunctional health-care system, a still-devastated Gulf Coast, a wealth gap of a scope unseen since the Great Depression and a pervasive and disturbing image of America among the rest of the world as a hapless, blundering giant, rather than a beacon of freedom and morality in the world." Newsweek, Moulitsas 2007. 

Not to mention this administrations rape and pillage of the environment on behalf of big oil and big business.

But by golly we can keep our guns.  What some people prioritze simply amazes me.

I look forward to a new, and hopefully different administration.  No one is going to take away the privelage we have to own firearms, it hasn't happened in 200 years and it isn't going to happen in our future no matter what the composition of the Supreme Court.  That's a fallacy perpetuated by people who enjoy preying on people's fears, and making a great deal of money by doing so.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:55 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

So what has been accomplished in the past 8 years.  Let's see: "we are in unwinnable quagmire in Iraq, we have a decimated housing market, economic instability and a collapsing dollar, a dysfunctional health-care system, a still-devastated Gulf Coast, a wealth gap of a scope unseen since the Great Depression and a pervasive and disturbing image of America among the rest of the world as a hapless, blundering giant, rather than a beacon of freedom and morality in the world." Newsweek, Moulitsas 2007. 

Not to mention this administrations rape and pillage of the environment on behalf of big oil and big business.

But by golly we can keep our guns.  What some people prioritze simply amazes me.

I look forward to a new, and hopefully different administration.  No one is going to take away the privelage we have to own firearms, it hasn't happened in 200 years and it isn't going to happen in our future no matter what the composition of the Supreme Court.  That's a fallacy perpetuated by people who enjoy preying on people's fears, and making a great deal of money by doing so.

So are you familiar with the other SCOTUS rulings handed down this month? Also, a RIGHT and a Privelege are 2 VASTLY different things. A privelege is given to you by an entity such as a person or government. The Rights ennumerated in the Bill of Rights are God given human rights that the Government is not supposed to violate. These are not privelges doled out by a Government entity based on a whim of political expediency . They are RIGHTS, unchanging, Un yielding. The 2nd Amendment is, was, and remains America's original Homeland Security.

Next

Return to General Discussions