Ground blind question...

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
1Morgan

Ground blind question...

Postby 1Morgan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 am

Ground blinds can be quite pricey, other than the actual shooting windows why would you not use a camo tent? You could even stay in it over night, the ground blinds I've used don't have floors.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Texsport-Hide-A-Way-Camouflage-Hexagon-Dome-Tent/14895543

South Carolina Low Country

Patriot

RE: Ground blind question...

Postby Patriot » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:38 am

You certainly could use a regular tent I suppose. 

I assume hunting blinds don't have floors due to the noise they would create when you move around inside.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

kellory

Re: Ground blind question...

Postby kellory » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:56 pm

I have an ameristep doghouse blind, and it has a floor, and reverses for a different camo pattern for different locations. It can easily double as a tent as needed, but is about 20 pounds total I think. Mine came with a camo orange cap for gun season as well. Several different patterns are available, Mine looks like corn stalks on one side, and mossy oak break up on the reverse. Open two zippers, pop the blind reversed, and rezip! reinsert the roof poles and you are done. takes maybe two minutes. start to finish.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to Best Practices