Finally Sunday hunting is LEGAL!

saintdeer

Finally Sunday hunting is LEGAL!

Postby saintdeer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:51 am

For anyone not living and hunting in the great NC State, we finally just passed the law, Sunday hunting on private lands are good to go....finally! Now, if we can get Va., I will be set. I never did understand the concept of not hunting on Sunday, but drinking beer all day in a boat "FISHING" haha, is just fine?

Easy A

RE: Finally Sunday hunting is LEGAL!

Postby Easy A » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:25 pm

I'm stoked about it too ! I mean its gonna be hard to fit in my panthers game and hunting but if they play as sorry as they did last year it wont be a problem... seriously though i have noticed as long as i have been hunting that the deer seem to know when its sunday I always see deer on sundays its like they can tell when were not in the woods... guess they wont be able to tell the difference anymore lol  [:D]

NCdeerguy

Postby NCdeerguy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:47 am

Yep indeed! I've been following all the articles/developments on this matter for the past couple of years, reading up on meetings and public opinions in forums and ncwildlife.org and it finally happened, for bowhunting anyway. I respected the more intelligent reasonable views of those who opposed it, regarding public land and such, but frustrated with the invalid opinions and flat out goofy assumptions. The general public only see hunters as they are depicted on tv and film and seem to think we all grab guns and go out there drunk, running around chasing deer on foot,  shooting up everything that moves like in the movie The Deer Hunter for instance haha...  
I have to put a little humor in it, but its a sad truth. Its hard to get permission to hunt because of stereotypes like these, and hunting is a dying sport as it is. Having Sundays will give us more opps. to be out there, with our busy schedules; plus it has always been sad not being able to hunt, while everyone else on Sundays spent all day shopping and doing all kinds of other stuff which I'm sure were more wholesome activities for your kids than exposing them to nature and beauty and lessons from hunting :) 
Jeremy from NC
Tree hoppin' 'cross state from the mtns of Wilkes to the swamps of Halifax

deer_stalker

Postby deer_stalker » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:31 am

Was the most exciting news to hear about this season. Now if the wife has something she wants to do on Saturday.... I can hunt on Sunday....... LOVE IT !!!

thirtywide

Postby thirtywide » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:18 am

Does anyone think this will ever be extended to include the use of firearms on private lands on Sunday?

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:24 am

ORIGINAL: thirtywide

Does anyone think this will ever be extended to include the use of firearms on private lands on Sunday?

I expect firearms hunting on Sunday's probably wouldn't ever pass. Nobody hears a bow go off, so it doesn't bother people. If there are high-powered rifles blasting near family get-togethers and churches, it could cause more harm than good. We are actually pretty lucky to be able to bowhunt on Sunday.
Just how I see it.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

NCdeerguy

Postby NCdeerguy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:14 am

I don't know the validity of it, but I've heard that the push for Sunday hunting has come from pressure from insurance companies. If only bow hunting remains allowed I can't picture a big enough dent being knocked out of the population to make a difference regarding vehicle accidents. If any of that is true anyway, then gun hunting on Sundays would be the practical way for any for that theory to work.

Jeremy from NC
Tree hoppin' 'cross state from the mtns of Wilkes to the swamps of Halifax

berudd

Postby berudd » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:00 am

ORIGINAL: Cut N Run

ORIGINAL: thirtywide

I expect firearms hunting on Sunday's probably wouldn't ever pass. Nobody hears a bow go off, so it doesn't bother people. If there are high-powered rifles blasting near family get-togethers and churches, it could cause more harm than good. We are actually pretty lucky to be able to bowhunt on Sunday.
Just how I see it.

Jim

To be honest, I just don't buy this reasoning. We are limited in how close we can hunt to buildings and even on opening day of rifle season while in the woods I do not hear shot after shot after shot. If you were inside, you would not hear them at all. Yet I, and everyone in my neighborhood, can hear the corn maze down the road fire off a cannon repeatedly every night. That seems to be OK. And why are family get togethers on Sunday given special consideration? Is it OK to discriminate against families that meet on Sat. Sorry, but if disturbing people is given as the reason for not hunting on Sunday then that same reasoning should apply to all days of the week. We should not be allowed to hunt with or shoot guns at all for fear of disturbing someone. There is a shooting club just up the road in Durham. Do they need to shut down on Sunday? Saturday? People just use this as an excuse when in reality the only real reason is becuase they just don't want us out there. It may not be organized by PETA but it is an anti-hunting movement. What if it went the other way? What if PETA petitions the state to disallow all gun hunting on Saturday stating that gun shots disturb other people and endanger them when they are outside? Should we go along with that because the blasting of our guns 'does more harm than good'?

berudd

Postby berudd » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:03 am

ORIGINAL: NCdeerguy

I don't know the validity of it, but I've heard that the push for Sunday hunting has come from pressure from insurance companies. If only bow hunting remains allowed I can't picture a big enough dent being knocked out of the population to make a difference regarding vehicle accidents. If any of that is true anyway, then gun hunting on Sundays would be the practical way for any for that theory to work.

The problem is that a lot of the areas that need to be thinned out our inside the City limits. I somehow dobut the Town of Cary is going to let us rifle hunt in the middle of town. :)

Return to North Carolina