Old School Pics

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
mightyfofaad

RE: Old School Pics

Postby mightyfofaad » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm

ORIGINAL: Gulfcapt

Im not as old as alot of you guys lol but they bring back very good memories!

Lscha welcome to D&DH look like you got him in the neck with a over and under lol how close you were you to him when you unloaded ?

Geesh ... those Michigan girls are are tough. Not only does she blow a big hole in that buck, but then she goes & hangs him for good measure. Now, she just roams the woods with a pistol ... sneaking up on the deer & just putting one in the back of their head. [:D][:D]

BTW: Gulfcapt ... when are we gonna see some of your early pix?

dewde

Postby dewde » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:26 pm

I used to have a hat just like Dad is wearing in pic #2.  And was probably wearing it in 1983 as well!
------------------------
Commercial Kitchen Equipment
Catering Equipment

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:44 am

[:D]

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:19 pm

First buck (1977) in Michigan after harvesting 3 mature does in three previous years. Started in 1970 and went 4yrs before connecting. with the challenge met of getting a deer, from then on, bucks only was the next challenge.

Bow, 55lb Browning Nomad recure (still in my possession). Every once in a while I look at it and wonder if the compound hadn't come along, if there would be as many bow hunters as there is now. Easton alum. 2016 arrows with 5" feathers which I put together myself. In them days you bought a bare shaft, and made your own arrows. Topped off with a Fred Bear broadhead, which had to be sharpened. No gadgetry here, and shot plenty of deer. Then, moved along with the flow, as new and modern equipment evolved. Who would have thought.

never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Sorry wrong pic. Should be this one.

never say never

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:51 am

Here's one of me (also my avatar pic) of the best deer I've taken so far from 1986. Shot his girlfriend as fast as I could work the bolt. I hunt for meat.

I have some older ones somewhere, but my wife has re-arranged stuff she should have left where it was...

Jim

Luck Counts, good or bad

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:21 am

[font="times new roman"]Is it me or was there something special about the way things were done ‘back in the day’? To me these photos are more exciting and fun to look at then the current times. I am only 42 years old (only) but I have always been a nostalgic kind of person. I have always loved listening to the stores from my grandparents (emigrated from Italy) and looking over old pictures of them and my great-grandparents and my parents of when they were younger. I don’t know if times were simpler, and ‘pure’ is probably not the correct adjective to use about them, but there is just something extra special about the pictures. I could spend hours pouring over old photos. Family appeared to be a huge focus back then and everyone in the pictures seemed to be proud and happy with what they had. Pictures say a thousand words and lend to your imagination. I am looking forward to seeing more old school photos. Good stuff ladies and gentlemen, thank you.[/font]

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:31 pm

You said a mouthfull. Thanks. And yes, I agree whole heartedly.
never say never

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:10 am

Charlie you ever head back up to Mich to hunt anymore?
ORIGINAL: charlie 01

You said a mouthfull. Thanks. And yes, I agree whole heartedly.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:24 am

Awesome pics.

Ahh the good ol days
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Corner