Summit 180 or Titan Treestand

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
Ky Bob

Summit 180 or Titan Treestand

Postby Ky Bob » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:29 am

I currently have a Viper but at 6'4" I'm a little cramped for legroom. I looking at the 180 and the Titan and really don't see that much difference in the two other than the seat type and the 180 has a rounded front rail. Anyone have any experience with these stands and how do you like them?

Challenger

RE: Summit 180 or Titan Treestand

Postby Challenger » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:46 am

ORIGINAL: Ky Bob

I currently have a Viper but at 6'4" I'm a little cramped for legroom. I looking at the 180 and the Titan and really don't see that much difference in the two other than the seat type and the 180 has a rounded front rail. Anyone have any experience with these stands and how do you like them?

It's been awhile since I bought a new tree stand so I don't know all of what's available. Summit makes nice stands & both the 180 & the Titan look good.

However, before you commit yourself, I'd check around to see if anyone makes a similar quality stand, but, with a larger platform. There is nothing more important than getting the largest platform available if you stand to shoot. The wider the better. Nothing will detract from a good shot like feeling unsteady because your feet are scrunched together.
[:)]
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Jonathan Swift, 1738

NRA Life Member

Walking Crow

Postby Walking Crow » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:19 am

I have the Summit Goliath and I love it it so roomy for me. The Titan is I think the same as the Goliath but it has a bigger platform. I am only 5"11'  but when it gets cold out and you start layering up with clothing it makes for a more comfortable fit in the stand for me. Also you can't beat the Summit stirups for climbing it is so easy to climb. I had an API it was a good stand but trying to line up the holes of the chain with the stand frame and pin was a major PIA in the dark. 

Ky Bob

Postby Ky Bob » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:58 am

Thanks fellows. I ended up buying the Titan and that thing is sweet!! All kinds of room and boy is it comfy....:)

Konk

Re: Summit 180 or Titan Treestand

Postby Konk » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:05 am

I have a brand new never used Summit Switchblade folding stand for sale if anyone is interested send me a PM
Member;
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association
Sticks N' Limbs Camo Prostaff
Carson-Optics Prostaff
www.bowhuntingstore.com

Return to Tree Stands