Practical safety harness?

Redarrow

Practical safety harness?

Postby Redarrow » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:59 am

[size="3"][font="arial"]I've been trying to find a better solution to my old waist-buckle safety belt but I'm frustrated with what's offered.  I've purchased two "full" harness systems now, thinking that each would work OK, but they're just not practical.

I want something simple, that I can wear over my heavy cold weather gear and not add too much more bulk.  The problem is that both harnesses are quite difficult to put on in my living room, and impossible to put on in the dark before I approach my stand. 

These things seem to be more designed by liability lawyers than by hunters.  In the dark, they become complicated puzzles with multiple straps and complex buckles everywhere...  There must be something simpler!  Any suggestions?
[/font][/size]

Patriot

RE: Practical safety harness?

Postby Patriot » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:12 am

I was in the same boat as you.

I purchased the HSS Vest and used it for the first time last week.  Getting used to it still. I feel like it restricts my draw when I shoot.

The ones that are included with treestands are a joke.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

blueeyeddragon76

Postby blueeyeddragon76 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:52 pm

I agree that the ones included with the treestands are a joke, but i would rather wear one of those then none at all.. just sayin... but what i have been thinkin about is that someone needs to design one wear it still goes on like they do ( the HSS) but the only real modification needed would be to round it off behind the arms on the back to give more range of motion.

sorry for size of my very rough sketch.... lol. but thats the general idea...
ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU HUNTING IS WRONG... TELL THEM TO READ THE BIBLE:

Now then get your weapons-
Your quiver and your bow-
And go out to the open country-
to hunt some wild game for me

Genesis 27:3

paulie

Postby paulie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Redarrow.. I posted a link to Cabelas website. You can check out what they offer in the way of saftey harnesses. But, prepared for some "sticker shock".

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/h ... _104639580

Blueeyed.. the Gorilla EXO tech harness looks kinda like what you desribed.

I've been using the HSS for a few years now and, I have to say.. it beets the h*** out of the ones that come with your stand (although, those pain in the butt 'freebies' are still better than nothing) you can put the HSS on in a matter of seconds (even in the dark)! I have the pro series with the mesh back. The one bad thing about that one is that it tends to snag if your in a tree with rough scaley (sp) bark(which is quite noisy)! The only other negative thing I can say about it is, the leg buckles are a bit noisy (they tend to clank when you walk).

Return to Misc. Accessories