jefferson, county, IL. neighbors Dogs chasing deer on private property

CGI Hunter

jefferson, county, IL. neighbors Dogs chasing deer on private property

Postby CGI Hunter » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:47 pm

We are tired of taking time off of work away from or families to pursue the buck of a life time but to have your day spoiled by out of control dogs chasing deer on my property! One farmer has atleast 10 mangee ole dogs laying on front lawn during the mid-day, but hours earlier they are on my property chasing deer. What to do? My family, nephews and nieces fishing around 5 acre pond, then all of a sudden there are 5 stray dogs running threw property, near kids, you now how dogs can get when they are in a packs, unpredictable! What to do? Take pictures, trap? I'm not hear twenty four seven to tend to traps.
What would my fellow hunters do? We have already been blammed for the disaperence of a neighbors dog. so you would think they would keep their dogs on their own property. Nope, It is against the law for dogs to chase down deer in illinois.
Looking forward to your responses!
"When you have more dogs on your trail cam then deer ~ time for them dogs to disappear!"

SoIll Dawg

RE: jefferson, county, IL. neighbors Dogs chasing deer on private property

Postby SoIll Dawg » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:48 pm

To me a dog chasing deer on the property is no different than a coyote and I would treat it accordingly.

CGI Hunter

Postby CGI Hunter » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:55 pm

All I know is that this corner of jefferson county has to change! the neighbors don't care until dogs don't come home, then the phone calls come.
We love dogs! we have dogs AND THEY AREN"T ON YOUR PROPERTY!
"When you have more dogs on your trail cam then deer ~ time for them dogs to disappear!"

SoIll Dawg

Postby SoIll Dawg » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Spent some time in that area.  Lived in Ashley for a short while.

Thought about calling animal control or the county cops?

Otherwise......[8|]

CGI Hunter

Postby CGI Hunter » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Yeah thought about it but these aren't dogs you would all of a sudden just call in the house, these are tick laddend mutts, these dogs have been running free for many years, but things change people move out and others move in. It feels like Arizona and Mexico border, do you uphold the law or sit back and watch your property be run by a pack of dogs while there owners go off to work and leave the dogs to do what ever they want. Do these people really miss these dogs? or does it just give them something to bitch about, if they cared they would keep them on there own property.

CGI Hunter

Postby CGI Hunter » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:51 pm

We are not bad people! we would give the shirt off our backs, Just can't go on like this anymore.

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Call the local authorities and have them come out.  Let them talk to the people and if it doesn't change....I agree, treat them no different than a yote!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:17 pm

I've had this same problem over the years.  I would suggest first, if you haven't already, talking to the owners of the dogs.  If that doesn't work, the authorities have to step in and they'll make sure this doesn't happen again.  Few hundred dollar fine once or twice will make sure they are tied up.
QDM!

WCDH

Postby WCDH » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:19 pm

PLEASE read the game laws.

You will know what to do. It's all in there.

Just a little hint to help you read the laws that we all should have read if you go hunting.

Hunting dogs or any dog can't go on anothers land FOR ANY REASON EVEN IF THERE CHASING GAME.

Read the book and you will know what to do.

Allowing any dog or cat to run free is not to smart anyways.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:24 am

If I couldn't make contact with the dog owner, I'd call the dog catcher, we got laws against letting dogs roam in IL....

As you can see alot of hunters would treat the dog as a "coyote", not to mention they could get hit by cars, etc.

Just try to rember its not the dogs fault, its the owner that is the problem.   
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Next

Return to Illinois