tennessee archery starts in the morning

Legnip

RE: tennessee archery starts in the morning

Postby Legnip » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:43 pm

So, tonight was the first time out for the year. I don't think that it could have been any hotter out. I started off by kicking up a doe near the stand and then questioning my sanity for not sitting in the air conditioning.

The good news is that I saw quite a few. They are still hitting the acorns heavy. Next weekend should be much better all around.
From those who much is given, much is expected

bowboxer

Postby bowboxer » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:42 pm

good luck. i got to go today didn't see anything. the deer are in the woods because of the acorns. i posted that they wasn't much acorns this year but now i was so wrong. my buddy in the next county seen 5 does but he didn't shoot.

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:37 am

ORIGINAL: bowboxer

good luck. i got to go today didn't see anything. the deer are in the woods because of the acorns. i posted that they wasn't much acorns this year but now i was so wrong. my buddy in the next county seen 5 does but he didn't shoot.

It doesn't look like I'll be getting out this weekend, but I did last weekend. It was a good time for all, except the turkey that ended up having a bad day.

I did see the smallest 8 pointer ever. He came in with a nice 7 pointer. I told both of them to come back and see me in a couple next year. The 8 pointer came in to 7 yards. He wasn't sure what I was, but didn't bolt. The 7 pointer was really nice. I'm glad that he didn't stick around too long. My will power might not have held out. He had a really tall rack, but narrow. I saw several does both days. Everyone was really focused on the acorns & persimmons.
From those who much is given, much is expected

Previous

Return to Tennessee