What kind of ATV does everyone have?

DeerTracker

RE: What kind of ATV does everyone have?

Postby DeerTracker » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:31 am

2007 Yamaha Grizzly. Replaced the 12" wheels with 14" and replaced the 25" tires with 27" ITP Mudlite XLs. Also put an HMF utility exhaust on it. Too loud to ride to a stand or to get to where I wanna go but I use it for haulin out stuff after it has been shot. Has more power than I would ever need. With the addition of just the exhaust it will do a wheelie no problem at all. Also have a plow that I put on it when the snow starts flyin.

Good things come to those who shoot straight
--Escanaba In Da Moonlight

joeturkey

Postby joeturkey » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Iv'e got a 2004 yamaha 450 kodiak camo that has probably saved my life countless times. Back in 03 shot a magnum 8ptr at the bottom of a steep hollow, dragged it by myself for about 200 yards. Left my orange hat on it and left woods for help. My friend and his daughter helped me get it out the rest of the way! Right then I swore that it was going to be the last deer I would drag out without an atv!! After you get on the wrong side of 50, you could be a heartattack waiting to happen dragging whitetails. We did have to drag out a nice buck once since then only because we left the bike home! Iv'e added a nice Aluma trailer and believe these 2 purchases were the best things I ever bought for hunting? Or maybe it was GUNS,BOWS ,TREESTANDS,LAND,CAMPER OH FORGET IT AND LETS GO HUNTING!!   JOE
"You need to drink a few large glasses of beer tonight. That is the only solution." Ben Franklin

buckmagnet

Postby buckmagnet » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:51 pm

07 grizzly 700 camo. I need money, want to buy it? LOL. I really like it though.

joeturkey

Postby joeturkey » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Further indorsement for Yamaha; I was lucky enuff to harvest 3 deer opening day this year in WI. I put the biggest buck on the front rack, the doe on the back rack. My fat $ss on the bike and hooked up the other buck to a deer drag on the back rack. With this setup I easily climbed the steep hill and managed to get everything out of the woods in one sweet trip. The dragging buck did lose a little hair on the hide but the meat was quite tasty!! Good luck and good hunting. joe
"You need to drink a few large glasses of beer tonight. That is the only solution." Ben Franklin

Rubydog

Postby Rubydog » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:46 pm

Love the Ben Franklin quote Joeturkey.........

Kawasaki 750 Brute Force 4 x 4 ..... has not been stopped yet.... have not used the winch yet

jdbell91

Postby jdbell91 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:42 pm

I bought a used 2000 Suzuki King Quad 300 today from someone on Craig's List. I only paid $500, but it does need some work. I can't wait to get it running. I have read that this model is a true work horse. I plan to use it for hauling out deer and other chores. I don't plan to ride it to and from my stands.
Semper Fi,

Joe

LaCatahoula

Postby LaCatahoula » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:47 am

I have a  2009 Polaris Sportsman X2 500 H.O. So far I love it. It can hold 400 lbs in the cargo box. I haven't pulled a plow with it yet but plan too next season.

DannyBouy

Postby DannyBouy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:19 am

'08 Polaris Sportsman 800 with 27" Mudlite XTR tries. You wanna talk about go anywhere? Bullet proof. I've hauled a buddy on the back & a 200lb deer on the front, through bogs, etc. and it didnt phase it at all.

You're not going deep enough if you haven't used the winch! I haven't seen anyhing other than a modified 450 Honda that can go further in the mud and bogs!

Merry Christmas!

lonewolf5347

Postby lonewolf5347 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:28 pm

I pick up a used 2001 foreman about 3 years ago in mint shape for under $1,700.00
I have to say I never thought I used one for hunting but as age creeps on the old body the quad made me get deeper into the woods and not a bad drag when it is attached to the rear trailer hitch to drag the game out of the woods

DEERBILL

Postby DEERBILL » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

2004 Suzuki Vinson 500. Love it. Just got a snow plow for it. Its going into the high 50's next week here in Jersey. I guess I'll have to wait till next year to try her out. My neighboor is disapointed.

PreviousNext

Return to ATVs