Single shot rifles

Chainsaw

RE: Single shot rifles

Postby Chainsaw » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:38 pm

We own all single shots for our hunting. We have 20 ga. NEF Tracker II's for our home shotgun area and I hunt with the H&R Topper 30-30 in rifle areas. I'll post a pic of a buck my son shot with the Tracker II in 2005 and some single shot pics as well.

kevmullins

Postby kevmullins » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:14 am

I've been a big fan of the TC Contenders for many years (set up as a Carbine). I mostly use a .375 Winchester in the TC that has been just the ticket for deer and hogs. I've also used an Encore in .308. Both are extremely lightweight and very accurate. I currently have a Savage 219 in 6mm Improved that I'm hoping to take out this year. Single shots are a great way to make you pick your shots (which we should be doing anyway[:)])

dusty.b

Postby dusty.b » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:16 am

I have used my NEF 45-70 single shot for several years now on deer as well as bear here in WI. I find it works well in the stand since it is so short and light. Also most of my stand sites you can only see out to about 65 yards, so iron sights work just fine. Here is one of the deer I was lucky enough to take with it.

joe12180

Re: Single shot rifles

Postby joe12180 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:38 pm

I have a stainless TC custom Encore. I have a Pro hunter muzzle loader barrel for it and a Match Grade Machine .444 Marlin barrel for it too. I suggest that you get the frame and stock only from TC and the barrel from MGM. TC is now owned by Smith and the quality of the service isn't what it used to be. MGM has much finer barrels anyway. You can buy other cheaper rifles than my set up but thats what you will get too. Incidentally trigger jobs and other tuneups are really easy on the Encore too and with a little work you will have a rifle that will be the envey of your friends at the range.

jonathan

Re: Single shot rifles

Postby jonathan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi
I can now get rid of the rest of my guns, Mother will be happy!
I'm here help you choose the best air rifles for the money

Previous

Return to Rifles