tree saddles

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
NCdeerguy

RE: tree saddles

Postby NCdeerguy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:44 am

John, I have only used the treesuit so I can't make a comparison; however, I've looked at the tree saddle a few times and can already observe from its features that it might be a better choice, just looking at it. I got the treesuit in 2000 or 2001 and at the time it was the first of its kind, so of  course I thought it was great and there was nothing like it to compare it to; it has a hard seat that flexes slightly to contour to your rear end when seating; its very comfortable but the seat is strapped to your lower back while walking and sometimes it'll slip down. You can still walk like that, but its annoying.
They have since come out with a newer version of the treesuit that looks a lot better. If I had it to do over again, would probably go for the saddle; since I've used the treesuit for so long and gotten used to it, I'm happy sticking with it though.
Jeremy from NC
Tree hoppin' 'cross state from the mtns of Wilkes to the swamps of Halifax

AlleganBowhunter

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Awesome, thanks for the reply.  I will aim for the saddle then, unless I find a deal on a Suit I can't pass up.

Thanks again.

John
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

NCdeerguy

Postby NCdeerguy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:42 am

John, I see you use a recurve. I know its off topic for this thread, but I've been interested in getting into recurves and the more traditional approach and have some questions, so I'll make a quick list and if you can email me your answers/advice that would be great.
1) what model do you use, bow length, draw weight?
2) due to tip-to-tip length can you hunt from the ground in a sitting position, like on a stool-type seat?
3) any treestand issues, ie tip-to-tip length causing restrictions, or any other concerns?
If there are any other issues you've encountered along the way that aren't related to my other questions, I welcome you sharing them along with other advice that I may not have considered.
thanks
Jeremy
Jeremy from NC
Tree hoppin' 'cross state from the mtns of Wilkes to the swamps of Halifax

eberhaar863828

Postby eberhaar863828 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:03 am

I have a question. How high up do you use your tree saddle?
Ducks

Michigander

Postby Michigander » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:36 am

Hey eberhaar, I actually use the treesuit, but you'll generally find me at about 16 foot in the tree.

the turkey guy

Postby the turkey guy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:08 am

hay guy not to be an ass but the saddle was first unless the suit was around for 30 years.???? And the seat to me is a bit of a pain on the suit that is why i use the saddle ps you guys should take a look at the climb paws truley cool ugly but they work great no noise really light and easy to get in and out and great because there is no metal to make noise but i'am pushy trying always to get closer and closer to beds thanks rob.

wisbooner3932

Postby wisbooner3932 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:31 am

I've used a tree saddle for the last couple seasons with good success.  Last year I had a 2.5 year old 8-pointer sneak around the back side of me where I hadn't anticipated shooting.  Luckily, I slowly worked around the tree and got a fatal shot off.

I'm currently selling it though because I just bought a new Mathews bow and need money seeing as how I'm a college student.  I'm asking $125 and its a size Large, PM me if your interested.  Hopefully I won't catch flack for spamming [8|]
You can take my gun, from my cold dead hands.

easports

Re: tree saddles

Postby easports » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:12 pm

I’m in the market to purchase a climber stand this year. I ran across the tree saddle and like the concept of not carrying a heavy stand into the woods. I interested in the people that have been using the tree saddle for a little time to voice their opinion after using it for at least one season. I don’t like heights much. I’m fine with the ladder stand and two years ago started using a climber. The deer could smell the fear in tree’s….that would be me! Climbing wasn’t too bad, it was feeling safe sitting in it. After doing it half a dozen times I was more comfortable in it. My problem is I want to be able to get into the tree faster and quieter. Like I said, I can do the climber but I do it ugly.
How well do the climbing spikes work with boots or do most people use the climbing sticks? If it’s the sticks…again one more thing to carry in and set up….right? I appreciate your feedback.

booner427

Postby booner427 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:28 pm

so is trophyline goin under? Everyplace i look they are sold out of saddles and I have tried to contact trophyline to see whats up and have not heard back in weeks. Just wondering cause I would like to purchase one but cant find any that i want or that would fit.
Hunt hard. Scout harder!

easports

Postby easports » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:04 am

booner427 wrote:so is trophyline goin under? Everyplace i look they are sold out of saddles and I have tried to contact trophyline to see whats up and have not heard back in weeks. Just wondering cause I would like to purchase one but cant find any that i want or that would fit.

Do you know anyone that has a tree saddle? Have you tried this yourself?

PreviousNext

Return to Tree Stands