Heater body suit vs. IWOM

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
jbekes

Heater body suit vs. IWOM

Postby jbekes » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:26 am

I have been looking into getting either the heater body suit or the IWOM system. Does anyone have any experiece with either one? Is there something better that I should be looking at also?

I am looking for all the feedback I can get. I need to make a final desicion quickly so that I can get it delivered all the cold weather sets in.

easports

RE: Heater body suit vs. IWOM

Postby easports » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:20 am

I just saw your posting and have considered purchasing the Heater Body Suit for the last couple years. Matter of fact I have their website saved on my favorites. I not heard about IWOM but just saw their advertisement and that looks pretty good also. I also would be interested in some feedback regarding these products.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:31 am

What's an IWOM?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

easports

Postby easports » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:43 am

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:49 am

THANKS! I will....
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

jbekes

Postby jbekes » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:24 am

I like the IWOM because it comes with a hood and a face mask that is integrated into the suit and it has a hole in the back for a safety stap to go through. The hood is an extra with the heater body suit and there is no hole for the safety strap so you cable that hooks to the tree has to come up through the neck and that is just uncomfortable.

easports

Postby easports » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:39 am

The factor of the holes for a safety vest is a big deal for me where I can use it with a climber, on the ground or in a blind. I did not check the cost difference between the products.....did you?

jbekes

Postby jbekes » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:49 am

They a pretty close in price but the IWOM is a little cheaper, if you want to get a hood with the heater body suit that is an added expense again

ZEEK

Postby ZEEK » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:47 pm

I have the body suit. I love it. I wear it almost everytime I go out, from eary bowseason on. It's too bulky for my climber, but maybe with one of those big climbers there would be room, not w/ my API bowhunter. I can say it's the best piece of clothing I have spent money on. It is a bit of a pain to put on up in a treestand, you better have good balance or a good size platform if you are a little unsteady. As for the safty harness I have had no problem with comfort useing one with the HBS.(I think the new model has an opening) Hunting is better being warm, and the HBS keeps you warm. I probably shouldn't be telling you this I need you guys to get cold so you walk around and push deer to me.
Not knowing where you are going is the best way to get
somewhere you've never been.

J. Peterman.

beaunaro

Postby beaunaro » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:25 pm

There is a third unit out there too...called "the warm bag". I have both the HBS and the warm bag. HBS is bulky and mine is not waterproof. HBS does have a separate pair of booties so your feet are not going to get cold no way. Problems with the older units with the safety strap is true. HBS is super warm though. I like the warm bag because it is much smaller, your arms stay inside like the HBS. It has the advantage of being able to let your feet out, so you can actually walk with it on, then sit on a stump and zip your feet back in. It is waterproof and much much smaller, about 8" by 12" when stored in it's bag.Way easier to put on in a tree due to foot opening...has double zippers tied to one pull cord so you can zip both arm slots open at once from inside the bag. I've had mine awhile so they might be improved even more. I know the HBS newer models have been updated. The HBS is great for a ground blind or just sitting outside, especially if you have the waterproof model which I don't, but be really careful in a tree. They are bulky.

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting