FOID-info . debate

jonny5buck

FOID-info . debate

Postby jonny5buck » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:00 pm

It's nice to know there is still some sense left on this topic w/or Lawmakers in Springfield.

Latest blow to Lisa Madigan is a letter signed by 12 Of Illinois' -19 members of US house of representatives.Keeping FOID data confidential ,and overall concern for our safety& security.

Illinois State Rifle Association also in this fight, needs our support-filing an order to prohibit release of info. from FOID database,until a full hearing will be held.They have gun owners interest's at heart[ a thank you call or e-mail] w/be appropriate in my book!

ISRA- Executive Director Richard Pearson,said..'' There is no legitimate reason for anyone outside of Law enforcement to have access to the FOID database.''

All Illinois gun owners have a say in this fight...this will hopefully be defeated and NO -info. will be made public...

We are also battling for our right for Concealed -Carry...regardless of your views on this matter[im 100% For it!]....please speak up...this is an infringement on our privacy.....no info-should be made public about who has a gun and a FOID in Illinois...it's not Madigan and her cronies business..

There are those who set by remaining neutral on touchy subjects, and there are those of us [like myself] who jump right in...do your part and let your voice be heard on this ..contact your local paper...write your lawmakers with a positive letter,or phone call or e-mail...let them know when they get it ''right'' ...this is one of those moments!

You may be suprised at what we can accomplish...speak up on this one.

Bob Olsen

RE: FOID-info . debate

Postby Bob Olsen » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:05 pm

[blockquote]
The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year are 120,000.
Accidental deaths per phisician is 0.171.
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Service
Now think about this:
                               GUNS
The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000.000
YES 80 MILLION.
The number of accidental gun deaths per year of all age groups is 1,500.
The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188
Statistics courtesy of the F.B.I.
So... Dr.'s are 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
Remember,"Guns don't kill people, Doctors do"
Fact: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN BUT, almost everyone has at least one Dr. This means you are over 900 times to be killed by a Dr. than a gun owner!!!

[blockquote] [/blockquote][/blockquote]

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Awesome Bob...i love fun facts like that, i really hope Lisa Madigan,and Associated Press get shot down on this ...it will be a huge victory for gun owners and Non-gun owners alike....keep private info. Private!!----[;)]

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:39 am

jonny5buck,
Keep the fight going there in Illinois. Wisconsin and Illinois are the only 2 states w/o CC laws and it looks like Scott Walker might give the Cheeseheads a CCW law soon. Now we need to get IL converted so I won't have to put my handguns in a locked case every time I drive through IL to visit family in WI.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:24 pm

You know it Wanderer....this one needs to be resolved...living in Illinois is hard enough w/Daley..and know Madigan.....they both want to abolish all guns and all gun rights....even though the wording of the Constitution is of such to protect those writes for ''US'' the actual taxpaying citizens of this state.

I actually rallied a number of organizations,when a public fight was going in in Wheaton,Il...The .PETA. ..pumpers were slamming on a trapper that was called in to curb a coyote epidemic that town was going thru....you can imagine the comments...they compared ''trapping,and hunters '' to Jeffery dAHMER...that was the last straw...i contacted National Trappers Association,Illinois Dept of Natural Resources,Ducks unlimited,and a few others informing them of the public attacks and mis-information that was being spewed by a large local newspaper in that area....i met some of the opposition face to face...it's easy to be tough ..online...these people were dumbfounded when they met me in person...and their Rhetoric changed quickly when large organizations finally chimed in...backing my comments that hunters do more for wildlife restoration than Peta ever will...Pittman /Robertson act...Ducks Unlimited and others...they were lost...we one that one...hands down..im not giving up on this fight either,we have to win..

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:29 pm

You know, if you really think about it, the entire concept of the Illinois FOID card is unconstitutional. I mean, tell me of ONE other inalienable constitutional right (one's that we were BORN with, and that the government CANNOT take away or limit) that we have to PAY FOR! Try charging a fee for people to vote and see how far you get before the ACLU and mobs with the tar and pitchforks come after you.

Now don't get me wrong, I think the concept of what the FOID card tries to accomplish is fine (that is to make sure that anyone wanting to possess a firearm is not a criminal and/or mentally deranged), although one could argue that the Federal Brady law already does that, and that the FOID card is therefore redundant.

No, what bothers me, is that they make you PAY for it. And it's not the actual cost either. It's the principle of the thing. Right now, the cost is $10 for 10 years I believe. But if they can charge you $1.00 a year, who's to say that they cannot make it $100 a year, or even $1000 a year? And the "they" I'm refering to are the same political hacks that ARE SUPPOSED TO BE UPHOLDING THE CONSTITUTION, NOT SHREDDING IT!

In fact, when disgraced former governor....we seem to have a monopoly on them here....Blagojevich (may he soon rot away in jail) was a state senator, he wanted RAISE the FOID card fee to ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS A YEAR, so the precedent has already been set.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Amen to that WW- i feel the same way on the FOID card to begin with...its' a way to make money ..thats it...i understand the background check...ii have no problem passing it..it IS the principal...than you throw 'lil Dickey'' and Madigan in this ...the only one were missing is ...Duh...winning.. guy and this would be a complete circus without any peanuts or popcorn!

And it even says in the constitution that no-one can charge someone or collect taxes on someone to vote....but if you live in Illinois...you know the drill Ww...this state is really an embarassement....the roads ..taxes and the politics...im just trying to stand behind or legislatures on this one...it is one of the few times i can say they are doing the right thing...as it stands right now i believe there is a temp. hold on the info.being released and i do believe we will win this one ....foid info is no-ones business....

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:36 pm

@ Wanderer---you just got your wish...now if i could find the link...ohh well the story was about an Indiana man and how the ruling was overturned,that he didnt have his handgun in a locked case...and he didnt have a FOID...Illinois Supreme Court ruled in his favor....now we will have to wait a little longer to see what happens with making the FOID info public...i believe the stoppage has left the House...we will see soon.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:50 pm

jonny5buck,
I live in Indiana but I also own a home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. My son Adam lives in that house. I own a foundry consulting firm and last year I spent 42 weeks working  in Berlin, Wisconsin. Of course I had to rent a house there also. Every monday morning would find me wheeling up the tollway to the land of cheeseheads. I prayed all the way through Illinois that I didn't get in a fender bender or have a breakdown because I always have a Ruger SR9 with me and oftentimes I'll carry one or two other handguns with me. Living in Berlin,Wisconsin throughout the week, I spent a lot of time at the Berlin Conservation Club shooting on their outdoor range(that is when I wasn't fishing bluegills in Mount Morris Lake.) The lockbox was a suggestion from the NRA-ILA. Their section on interstate transport reads:

FEDERAL LAW ON TRANSPORTATION OF FIREARMS
A provision of the federal law known as the Firearms Owners’ Protection Act, or FOPA, protects those who are transporting firearms for lawful purposes from local restrictions which would otherwise prohibit passage.
Under FOPA, notwithstanding any state or local law, a person is entitled to transport a firearm from any place where he or she may lawfully possess such firearm to any other place where he or she may lawfully possess it, if the firearm is unloaded and locked out of reach. In vehicles without a trunk, the unloaded firearm shall be in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console. Ammunition that is either locked out of reach in the trunk or in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console is also covered. FOPA also seems to provide for necessary stops, like gasoline and rest.
Travelers should be aware that some state and local governments treat this federal provision as an “affirmative defense” that may only be raised after an arrest.

Knowing the Illinois idiot attitude on firearms, I always have mine locked in a TSA approved case when passing through. Because I generally drive my Dodge Quad Cab truck or my Jeep Grand Cherokee, I don't have a trunk to carry in. My cases are carried under the front passenger seat where they are cabled locked to the seat frame. It's not a bad thing to have for leaving a piece in the vehicle for short time periods without giving the bad guys easy access. It would take quite a while to get the 1500 #cable cut and then they'd still have a gun in a locked case.I do keep a loaded 17 round clip in the same case with the gun, but the clip is not in the gun.
 Illinois is not the only place that'll give a guy trouble either. From what I just read on the National Association for Gun Rights website, you'd better stay out of Shreveport, LA too. Seems the mayor of Shreveport doesn't believe in the second amendment.

Keep workin on them politicos there in Obamaland central. Don't let the bastards beat you. By the way, if you decide to move, there's 49 other states to choose from with better gun laws.

[hr]

jonny5buck

Re: FOID-info . debate

Postby jonny5buck » Sat May 14, 2011 11:04 am

Im not sure were we are at w/FOID information being made public,but the fight for concealed carry is still going on....To realize that Illinois and Wisconsin are the ONLY 2 states to not have some form of CC is a huge disappointment....a lawsuit is already going thru the political redtape and although optomistic i do not have high hopes...i can always be re-assured in my state that we will have high gas prices,taxes..and medial roads....besides the corrupt Governors and some of the senseless politicians.... :?

Next

Return to Illinois